Posted to alt.home.repair

Default plumbing below sewer line

Can you install working plumbing BELOW the sewer line? I'm looking at my
basement and wondering if I can add plumbing or not. I'm strongly
suspecting no, as the septic tank line is on the celing of the basement, so
any waste-water would have to pumped UP - plus the unsanitary potential for
downstairs sinks to turn into sewage fountains.

But I figured there's nothing hurt by asking.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Eigenvector wrote:

Can you install working plumbing BELOW the sewer line? I'm looking at my
basement and wondering if I can add plumbing or not. I'm strongly
suspecting no, as the septic tank line is on the celing of the basement, so
any waste-water would have to pumped UP - plus the unsanitary potential for
downstairs sinks to turn into sewage fountains.

But I figured there's nothing hurt by asking.

LOL I thought you'd never ask! g

http://www.plumbingstore.com/sewage1.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
Can you install working plumbing BELOW the sewer line? I'm looking at my
basement and wondering if I can add plumbing or not. I'm strongly
suspecting no, as the septic tank line is on the celing of the basement, so
any waste-water would have to pumped UP - plus the unsanitary potential for
downstairs sinks to turn into sewage fountains.

But I figured there's nothing hurt by asking.

That's why they make sewage ejector systems...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message
. net...
Eigenvector wrote:

Can you install working plumbing BELOW the sewer line? I'm looking at my
basement and wondering if I can add plumbing or not. I'm strongly
suspecting no, as the septic tank line is on the celing of the basement,
so any waste-water would have to pumped UP - plus the unsanitary
potential for downstairs sinks to turn into sewage fountains.

But I figured there's nothing hurt by asking.

LOL I thought you'd never ask! g

http://www.plumbingstore.com/sewage1.html

Oh, that's cool. I'll have to take a look at it.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Eigenvector" writes:

Can you install working plumbing BELOW the sewer line? I'm looking at my
basement and wondering if I can add plumbing or not. I'm strongly
suspecting no, as the septic tank line is on the celing of the basement, so
any waste-water would have to pumped UP - plus the unsanitary potential for
downstairs sinks to turn into sewage fountains.

But I figured there's nothing hurt by asking.

This actually happens rather frequently. A pit and an ejector pump
are what make it possible.

Devil's in the details though, but yes it's possible. Pit naturally
will be below the drains on that level.

BestRegards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

Posted to alt.home.repair

my father in law has one built into the toilet, so the sink drains into
the toilet and everything gets ground up and ejected into the main
sewer by a small line. works fantastic. he is a retired sewer plant
operator

Roots in sewer line? Walt Home Repair 12 April 22nd 06 08:54 PM
Running a new sewer line J.A. Michel Home Repair 9 September 12th 05 08:20 PM
sewer line replacement jeff Home Repair 11 September 2nd 03 02:17 AM
Sewer line replacement jeff Home Ownership 1 August 27th 03 03:24 AM