Posted to alt.home.repair
ap ap is offline

Default frost in freezer ?

Hello,
We have a side by side whirpool refrigerator that is about 3 years old
and
we are seeing a lot of frost build up in the top of the freezer
section.

What is this build up caused by? How do we fix it?

The freezer appears to be cooling well.

Thanks much!

Posted to alt.home.repair

ap wrote:
Hello,
We have a side by side whirpool refrigerator that is about 3 years old
and
we are seeing a lot of frost build up in the top of the freezer
section.

What is this build up caused by? How do we fix it?

The freezer appears to be cooling well.

Thanks much!

I had the same sort of thing happen on my Maytag refrigerator and it
was the Freezer thermostat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article .com, "ap" wrote:
Hello,
We have a side by side whirpool refrigerator that is about 3 years old
and
we are seeing a lot of frost build up in the top of the freezer
section.

What is this build up caused by?

Warm moist air condensing to create water which then
freezes.

How do we fix it?

Start by checking the door seals. If the door isn't
tighly closed and sealed there will be a continuous
supply of that warm moist air from the room leading
to an accumulation of frost.

Also check the thermostat setting and the actual
temperature in the freezer to see if you're over-cooling.

And then check for other possible air leaks at the
back/side of the freezer compartment.

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |
Posted to alt.home.repair

[we have an apt complex.] general wisdom for refrigerator: give it a
complete manual defrosting for 48 hours unplugged with doors open and a
20 inch window fan blowing in and old towels to collect the hidden ice
/water. clean under it and carefully vacuum all the dust from its
coils. requires ice chest or spare refrigerator/freezer. sometimes ice
builds up by a sensor or control and the defrosting will give your
appliance new life.