Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ice Buildup on Freezer Floor

I've been browsing the postings for answers to my problem, but can't
find an exact match. So, hopefully, someone can provide some insight
for me. I have a Whirlpool fridge with a top freezer. The unit is just
over one year old. Recently, we have experienced ice buildup on the
floor of the freezer. We use a wooden spatula to break it up, but
within a day or two, it is back. Freezer and refrigerator temps seem
to be normal (0 deg and 37 deg, respectively).

Any input from you experts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Smooth

Posted to alt.home.repair

1. A feed item in the freezer is blocking the door from shutting
completely. Could happen with unit of any age.
2. Defrost cycle not working, the "frost-free" is not happening.
3. Slow leak in the water valve to the icemaker. Should not happen in
a new unit. Disconnect the water supply to the refrigerator and see if
the buildup re-occurs. That should help isolate the cause.