Posted to alt.home.repair
JS JS is offline

Default Trex vs. Ironwood prices

Hi,
I tried to find information on this subject in the groups but so far
haven't found what I need. Does anyone here know the approximate square
foot price of Trex vs. Ironwood (IPE)? We are trying to decide which to
use. Thanks for your help.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"JS" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,
I tried to find information on this subject in the groups but so far
haven't found what I need. Does anyone here know the approximate square
foot price of Trex vs. Ironwood (IPE)? We are trying to decide which to
use. Thanks for your help.

Have you ever thought about calling up the local lumberyard for prices?
Last time I looked at Ipe, it was $2.19 a linear foot for the 5/4 x 6
decking material.

Posted to alt.home.repair

JS wrote:

I tried to find information on this subject in the groups but so far
haven't found what I need. Does anyone here know the approximate square
foot price of Trex vs. Ironwood (IPE)? We are trying to decide which to
use. Thanks for your help.

Questions of local pricing and availability are always best answered
locally. Pick up the phone. It'll take you less time and you'll get
reliable numbers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JS" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,
I tried to find information on this subject in the groups but so far
haven't found what I need. Does anyone here know the approximate square
foot price of Trex vs. Ironwood (IPE)? We are trying to decide which to
use. Thanks for your help.

When I did my deck I used a composite decking called Carefree. a lot
cheaper than Trex. So you might want to sit down at a local lumber yard and
check all your options. As for ironwood they seem to label a lot of wood
Ironwood these days, I believe the actual name is Ligmavita (sp) . You might
read this web page before using wood

http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/ It is a environmental subject, You will
enjoy it, you may still want to use wood, is good.

Posted to alt.home.repair
JS JS is offline

In article ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"JS" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,
I tried to find information on this subject in the groups but so far
haven't found what I need. Does anyone here know the approximate square
foot price of Trex vs. Ironwood (IPE)? We are trying to decide which to
use. Thanks for your help.

Have you ever thought about calling up the local lumberyard for prices?

Of course. I just thought someone might have a general idea of prices. I
am not looking for hard quotes here.

Last time I looked at Ipe, it was $2.19 a linear foot for the 5/4 x 6
decking material.

Thank you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

JS wrote:
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

Have you ever thought about calling up the local lumberyard for prices?

Of course. I just thought someone might have a general idea of prices. I
am not looking for hard quotes here.

I know what they cost in my area, but that doesn't do you any good.
There's no point in telling you what I pay since we have no idea where
you are.

Last time I looked at Ipe, it was $2.19 a linear foot for the 5/4 x 6
decking material.

How much is a house where you live? You're asking a similar question.
There's not enough information to give you anything other than a wide
range (useless for planning purposes) or a specific number which is
unlikely to be accurate wherever you are (a dangerous number in the
planning stages).

I also agree that you should look at some other brands of composite
decking. There are a number of them. Be aware that Trex is not as
stiff as Ipe and won't span the same distance. You may need to close
up the joist spacing with the Trex.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JS" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,
I tried to find information on this subject in the groups but so far
haven't found what I need. Does anyone here know the approximate square
foot price of Trex vs. Ironwood (IPE)? We are trying to decide which to
use. Thanks for your help.

Around here they are about the same. Ipe is much more expensive to install.

Housing prices Tom Home Ownership 0 May 29th 06 02:42 AM
After Pushing Up Prices, Investors Are Left Holding Too Many Homes - Wash. Post fraser Home Repair 29 May 2nd 06 06:58 PM
OT GAS PRICES YOU CAN HELP PLEASE READ!!! martin Woodworking 22 April 15th 06 03:39 AM
Energy prices and switching off of oil heat Tman Home Repair 3 August 29th 05 03:55 PM