Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cracked Concrete driveway...cheap solution.

My 45 year old concrete two-lane circle drive is cracked all over the
place. It's still fairly level and easy enough to drive on, but it's
really ugly.

To replace it would cost a fortune, is there any cheaper alternative,
like a skim coat or to asphalt over the top or something?

Posted to alt.home.repair

If you coat it with something, the coating will eventually crack in the
same places.

Posted to alt.home.repair

There are companies that will put a semi-elastic coating on the
driveway. I have seen driveways that look very nice when finished. Fine
a reputable installer.

http://www.concretenetwork.com/concr...ep_by_step.htm

wrote:
My 45 year old concrete two-lane circle drive is cracked all over the
place. It's still fairly level and easy enough to drive on, but it's
really ugly.

To replace it would cost a fortune, is there any cheaper alternative,
like a skim coat or to asphalt over the top or something?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Okay, You owe me a big thank you for running outside to the shop to read the
can of **** that worked good for me. It's called Stone Mason Instant
patching Cement and I also google the stuff for ya and here's the link.

http://www.usehickson.com/StoneMason...ngCement.shtml

I have fixed the cement floor in my garage and I park a 1 ton dually on it
and the crack has never reappeared. I also went over sidewalk palm prints
from the pervious residents that owned this place before I bought it. I
bought like a 1 gallon paint tin of it and this **** really goes far...I
have lots left...When you open the can it kind of shocks you as you expect
it to be a liquid, but it's a powder that you mix with water....Works great
!! Hope that was of some help....Jimi

wrote in message
ups.com...
My 45 year old concrete two-lane circle drive is cracked all over the
place. It's still fairly level and easy enough to drive on, but it's
really ugly.

To replace it would cost a fortune, is there any cheaper alternative,
like a skim coat or to asphalt over the top or something?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Silicon Gel

Cheap and easy.

Can do it yourself

oups.com...

http://www.concretenetwork.com/concr...tep_by_step.ht

My 45 year old concrete two-lane circle drive is cracked all over the
place. It's still fairly level and easy enough to drive on, but it's
really ugly.

To replace it would cost a fortune, is there any cheaper alternative,
like a skim coat or to asphalt over the top or something?

Posted to alt.home.repair
LT LT is offline

What is silicon gel? What product names is it sold under? I've only seen
concrete-based products...
LT

"Chris" wrote in message
Silicon Gel