Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My Electricity has a Foul Odor

The electricity I am getting has a foul odor. I called the power
company and told them I am not satisfied and want a better quality
power. They told me that they can not change the odor and I will have
to live with this. I was quite angered and told them so before I
slammed down the phone. Today I phoned another power company and
asked them if their power stinks. They said no, so I asked them if
they would become my power company and told them why I dont want the
power from the company I have now. They said they can not do that. I
even told the man I was talking to that I would make it worth his
while if he sold me their electric and gave him my phone number just
in case he changes his mind. He still said no and told me he was
married. But he suggested that I put duct tape over all my outlets so
I wont smell the foul electricity odor. I just sent my boyfriend to
get some duct tape and he is starting to do this tonight. Do you
think it will stop the odor? What about the switches, and the things
the light bulbs go in, they smell too. Can I tape them up too? I am
wondering if the odor will still come out of those bulb holder things
when the bulbs are in, because he just taped up one of the bulbs and
now I cant see anything in here. Is there another way to fix this
problem, such as an electrical odor filter that my plummer can put
where the wires come to the house outside? I suppose I will call the
Culligan man tomorrow and see if he has anything for me.

Blondie
Posted to alt.home.repair

I've found that if you get your tongue really wet and LICK the outlets,
the smell will go away. Why not try that you bored, stupid f**k?

This is home repair forum, not comedy central, jit-bag...

wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
[...]

Before using the Duct® Tape you must clean the residue off the outlets.
Steel wool or a wire brush is more than adequate for this job.

Happy modeming,
Bill

Posted to alt.home.repair

Clean them first, a brush, bucket of water, alot of soap and add salt.
get them real wet it will kill all your smelling issues.

Posted to alt.home.repair

a.) apply the duct tape to your nose.
b.) change your noseclip it has mildew.
c.) get a new boyfriend.
d.) replace the voltage regulator in your olfactory epithelium:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olfactory_epithelium

wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

061110 2351 - posted:

[...]

Maybe it's not the electricity that stinks. Take a bath and use some
Summers Eve.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi,
My name is Peter.
I came here to check your meter.
I'd like to see your kilowatts.
Take me to your meter box.

Posted to alt.home.repair

indago wrote:
061110 2351 - posted:

[...]

Put aluminum foil on all of your walls and wear an aluminum foil hat at
all times. The trilateralists are trying to get you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The smell was added to electricity to satisfy the bew requirements of
the National Elcectric Code (NEC) about 3 or 4 years ago. It is
somewhat analogous to the odor put in naturale gas to make a resident
aware of a potentially dangerous leak.

Under normal conditions, a properly bonded grounding system will
neutralize the odor, so you clearly hafe some sort of fault with your
wiring. Some tips: It is likely a leak in your system. Look first at
the lowest level of your wires or if it is a long run, any sags in th
ewiring. This is the point at which the leak will run and consequently
the odor will be greatest. Then, sniffing as you go, move "uphill"
until the odor lessens. That is where the leak is. Look for the current
leaking out but be careful not to touch any standing pools of
electricity on the floor. They can be dangerous!

If you have a lot of concealed wiring, a wiring cleaner should be
retained to come to your house and clean out the inside of your wires.
They then can inject a chemical sealant that should take care of your
problems. If not, consider getting a converter to convert your
alternating current to direct current. Direct current travels in a
straight line, and if used at high enough voltages, does not need
wires, rather, it can travel directly from your service entrance (where
the maid and butler come to work) directly to each applince.

Hope that helps.
wicked wrote:
indago wrote:
061110 2351 - posted:

[...]

[...]