Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Christmas lights and fuses

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 21:56:31 -0500, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...
On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 20:48:03 -0600, Jim Redelfs
wrote:

In article ,
Mark Lloyd wrote:

You might throw the cord out, but don't forget that this is a source
of extra bulbs you'll probably need some time.

An excellent suggestion.

FWIW, since many, MANY years ago, as a source for replacement lamps, it has
been MUCH cheaper to buy a new set, remove the lamps and throw away the wire
and sockets, than to buy packs of replacement lamps.

Yes. I've stopped buying replacement bulbs separately.

Wanna buy a thousand, or so bulbs?

I've got about that many, before I decided it didn't make sense to
save all those.

House lights problem codemonkey UK diy 3 September 6th 06 10:24 AM
Replacing Fuses with MCBs [email protected] UK diy 18 November 2nd 05 05:57 PM
Some lights not working. Strange voltage readings ! Richard Snell UK diy 5 June 24th 04 12:23 PM
Choosing a Consumer Unit (Electrical) the yorkshire dalesman UK diy 16 January 14th 04 04:56 PM
Christmas Present for the DIY spouse Judy and Dave G Home Repair 10 January 1st 04 01:32 AM