Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Busted furnace condensate drain trap

Just bought my first house. Have an Armstrong EG6E Ultra II 97 High
Effecincy gas furnace.

Needed to clean the condensate pump because it was all slimed up. Pump
was installed on the floor, very little clearance to pull pump out from

between floors and PVC drain pipe. So I "encouraged" the PVC to give a
little, and it gave a lot -- I brokethe PVC drain pipe where it
connects to the PVC trap. I broke the nipple off of the trap, so I may
need to replace the trap.

But I am having a horrible time trying to find a replacement trap for
this. I can't find anything on the Internet. I believe it was a factory

or installer pre-assembled trap -- has a fancy diagram sticker on it
telling how to keep the trap topped off with water.

I put some 2-part expoxy on it and it's doing Ok as a temporary
solution, but it's not super water tight (drips a little). And I'd like

to find a better longterm solution that just glue.

Can anybody help me replace or fix this?

Thanks,

Chris

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrldruler wrote:
[...]

Have you given thought to using "J B Weld" to rebuild the pipe?
I've found it just about repairs anything.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jack writes:

Have you given thought to using "J B Weld" to rebuild the pipe?

He said he tried epoxy.

You do know the phony name "J B Weld" is just ordinary epoxy, right?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Richard J Kinch wrote:
Jack writes:

Have you given thought to using "J B Weld" to rebuild the pipe?

He said he tried epoxy.

You do know the phony name "J B Weld" is just ordinary epoxy, right?

Agree it is epoxy, but is it ordinary? Am I not correct in saying
epoxy comes in several varities, some work where others do not. 'J P
Weld" is one that will do a varity of jobs well. I'm sure there are
better than JP out there. Is sorta like plastics, some soft and some
super strong.
Jack

Posted to alt.home.repair

"wrldruler" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

When I tried to repair a condensate pump, I was informed that
parts were not available - you had to buy the whole pump.

Figure out where it's leaking and squeeze a little more epoxy
into the crack. Dry it good first.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jack writes:

Agree it is epoxy, but is it ordinary?

Yes.

You just wanna believe the sucker packaging, eh?