Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home surveillance IP video cam software

I thought I asked this some time ago but cannot find a past post.
Therefore, I'm asking if anyone uses or is familiar with video
monitoring software for the home?

Currently, I have 6 IP cams and want a software to view all as well as
use the features of the cameras which are zoom, tilt, pan, motion
detection, etc. One main priority is remote capability, preferably using
an app for iPad and iPhone.

I'm currently searching the web for top rated software as well as
surveillance forums and the variety of software recommendations is
overwhelming. I'm eliminating very expensive ones along with those which
don't have the features I seek, but don't mind paying a decent price for
a solid home program. My idea of a decent price is a $100 or less but if
something really stands out, I will consider a bit over $100.

All help appreciated.

Thank you

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Meanie:

I'm currently searching the web for top rated software as well as
surveillance forums and the variety of software recommendations is
overwhelming. I'm eliminating very expensive ones along with those which
don't have the features I seek, but don't mind paying a decent price for
a solid home program. My idea of a decent price is a $100 or less but if
something really stands out, I will consider a bit over $100.

I have been using BlueIris for a number of years and am satisfied with
it. About $100 last time I checked.

There is a learning curve - it is an enthusiast's product - but the
curve isn't that bad.

One of my instances: ExtremeSurfCam.DynDNS.org.

It's pages are accessible just via browsers, but for iPhone and Android,
there is a BlueIris app that gives additional functionality that I find
to be well worth it's $10 price.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

Meanie wrote:
[...]

Hi,
Heard about freeware iSPY? why don't you try it out there is forum on
their web site and
also they privide cloud storage. My 3 cameras are on surveillance staion
on Synology NAS. B4 I set up NAS, I used iSPY.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 16 Oct 2014 17:04:46 -0400, Meanie wrote:

Currently, I have 6 IP cams

What IP cameras are you using?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/17/2014 11:05 PM, Don Wiss wrote:
On Thu, 16 Oct 2014 17:04:46 -0400, Meanie wrote:

Currently, I have 6 IP cams

What IP cameras are you using?

Foscams

Surveillance Video ATP Metalworking 10 August 23rd 10 05:54 PM
video surveillance FrankLee Home Repair 23 December 18th 07 01:43 AM
video surveillance FrankLee Home Repair 0 December 16th 07 10:43 PM
ADT etc. Video Surveillance to Computer Harry Electronics Repair 1 July 1st 07 05:27 AM
Video surveillance @work Cliff Metalworking 4 May 17th 05 11:10 AM