Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Word Mangler

Regardless of your political views, if you're a fan of world class word
mangling, check this guy out. He has a degrees in literature and
"jornalism" - whatever that is!

http://www.americanchronicle.com/art...rticleID=15967

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
Regardless of your political views, if you're a fan of world class word
mangling, check this guy out. He has a degrees in literature and
"jornalism" - whatever that is!

http://www.americanchronicle.com/art...rticleID=15967

I'm amased at all the right wingers that insist on claiming that Kerry
intended to offend the troops when it is WELL documented that
he mearly mangled a bad joke about Bush. The real joke is printed
in his pre-released speach notes. These people KNOW he meant no
offense to anyone but Bush, they just choose to ignore that to take
political advantage.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Bob F" wrote:

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
Regardless of your political views, if you're a fan of world class word
mangling, check this guy out. He has a degrees in literature and
"jornalism" - whatever that is!

http://www.americanchronicle.com/art...rticleID=15967

I'm amased at all the right wingers that insist on claiming that Kerry
intended to offend the troops when it is WELL documented that
he mearly mangled a bad joke about Bush. The real joke is printed
in his pre-released speach notes. These people KNOW he meant no
offense to anyone but Bush, they just choose to ignore that to take
political advantage.

Bob

You got a URL or other place to find this. Just wanta read it for
myself instead of trusting either you or the American Chronicle.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Bob F" wrote:

I'm amased at all the right wingers that insist on claiming that Kerry
intended to offend the troops when it is WELL documented that
he mearly mangled a bad joke about Bush.

Baloney. That's not documented at all.

The real joke is printed
in his pre-released speach notes.

... which, oddly enough, don't seem to have been released until *after* Kerry
touched off a firestorm by insulting U.S. military personnel _yet_again_.

These people KNOW he meant no
offense to anyone but Bush, they just choose to ignore that to take
political advantage.

Oh, get off it. Kerry has a long and documented history of contempt for the
military, and it's pretty plain that he meant exactly what he said.
Bob

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

In Kerry's defense, he meant this as a jab against Bush.

But, Kerry hates the military and the troops, having called them baby
kilers, rapists, etc. Remember, he only volunteered for Swift Boat
duty because at that time, it was a pud assignment.

Posted to alt.home.repair

RicodJour wrote:
Regardless of your political views, if you're a fan of world class word
mangling, check this guy out. He has a degrees in literature and
"jornalism" - whatever that is!

http://www.americanchronicle.com/art...rticleID=15967

Hey! Stop hijacking my thread! This is NOT a political thread. It's
a thread to make fun of a guy who tortures the language. Sheesh.

Posted to alt.home.repair

If it was "well documented" it would have been widely released the minute
this issue hit primetime.
You should get some diversity in your news media. Hint: ditch MSNBC and CNN
for a while ( and of course the broadcast news).

"Bob F" wrote in message

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
Regardless of your political views, if you're a fan of world class word
mangling, check this guy out. He has a degrees in literature and
"jornalism" - whatever that is!

http://www.americanchronicle.com/art...rticleID=15967

I'm amased at all the right wingers that insist on claiming that Kerry
intended to offend the troops when it is WELL documented that
he mearly mangled a bad joke about Bush. The real joke is printed
in his pre-released speach notes. These people KNOW he meant no
offense to anyone but Bush, they just choose to ignore that to take
political advantage.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair
GWB GWB is offline

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 08:54:59 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

"RicodJour" wrote in message
roups.com...
Regardless of your political views, if you're a fan of world class word
mangling, check this guy out. He has a degrees in literature and
"jornalism" - whatever that is!

http://www.americanchronicle.com/art...rticleID=15967

I'm amased at all the right wingers that insist on claiming that Kerry
intended to offend the troops when it is WELL documented that
he mearly mangled a bad joke about Bush. The real joke is printed
in his pre-released speach notes. These people KNOW he meant no
offense to anyone but Bush, they just choose to ignore that to take
political advantage.

Bob

What did he "mean" to say when he said our troops were going into the
homes of Iraqis in the dead of night terrorizing women and children?
Posted to alt.home.repair

GWB wrote:

What did he "mean" to say when he said our troops were going into the
homes of Iraqis in the dead of night terrorizing women and children?

Who cares?

Fine.
Kerry's a jerk, insulted the troops and he's a schmuck - BFD.
Or,
Kerry misspoke himself and he's a true American. Same result - BFD.

He's not running for office, the guy is as stiff as a board, couldn't
differentiate between Karl and Groucho Marx, and this whole OBSESSION
with some stupid comment, whether intentional or not, is absurd.

Why not concentrate on the things that are BFD's instead of puffing up
a stupid comment to make an argument?

That's not a rhetorical question. Anyone? Anyone at all?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article . com,
"RicodJour" wrote:

Why not concentrate on the things that are BFD's instead of puffing up
a stupid comment to make an argument?

Because BFDs require thought and someone to take an actual stand that
a certain number of people aren't gonna like no matter what it is?

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message
ups.com...
RicodJour wrote:
Regardless of your political views, if you're a fan of world class word
mangling, check this guy out. He has a degrees in literature and
"jornalism" - whatever that is!

http://www.americanchronicle.com/art...rticleID=15967

Hey! Stop hijacking my thread! This is NOT a political thread. It's
a thread to make fun of a guy who tortures the language. Sheesh.

Kerry or Bush?

They both are torture to my ears. One puts me to sleep and the other
speaks pidgin English.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. com...
In article , "Bob F"

wrote:

I'm amased at all the right wingers that insist on claiming that Kerry
intended to offend the troops when it is WELL documented that
he mearly mangled a bad joke about Bush.

Baloney. That's not documented at all.

The real joke is printed
in his pre-released speach notes.

.. which, oddly enough, don't seem to have been released until *after*

Kerry
touched off a firestorm by insulting U.S. military personnel _yet_again_.

These people KNOW he meant no
offense to anyone but Bush, they just choose to ignore that to take
political advantage.

Oh, get off it. Kerry has a long and documented history of contempt for

the
military, and it's pretty plain that he meant exactly what he said.

Just as I said. You can ignore the facts and continue, or go look it up
and find out the truth. I know which you'll chose.
You could look up the whole speach. The context makes a big difference.

Kerry has done way more to support the military than Bush.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RicodJour" wrote in message
ups.com...
GWB wrote:

What did he "mean" to say when he said our troops were going into the
homes of Iraqis in the dead of night terrorizing women and children?

Who cares?

Fine.
Kerry's a jerk, insulted the troops and he's a schmuck - BFD.
Or,
Kerry misspoke himself and he's a true American. Same result - BFD.

He's not running for office, the guy is as stiff as a board, couldn't
differentiate between Karl and Groucho Marx, and this whole OBSESSION
with some stupid comment, whether intentional or not, is absurd.

Why not concentrate on the things that are BFD's instead of puffing up
a stupid comment to make an argument?

That's not a rhetorical question. Anyone? Anyone at all?

The goal is to distract the discussion from the disaster of the Iraq
war. It's not an obsession - it's straight out partisan politics.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message

Fine.
Kerry's a jerk, insulted the troops and he's a schmuck - BFD.
Or,
Kerry misspoke himself and he's a true American. Same result - BFD.

He's not running for office, the guy is as stiff as a board, couldn't
differentiate between Karl and Groucho Marx, and this whole OBSESSION
with some stupid comment, whether intentional or not, is absurd.

Why not concentrate on the things that are BFD's instead of puffing up
a stupid comment to make an argument?

That's not a rhetorical question. Anyone? Anyone at all?

The goal is to distract the discussion from the disaster of the Iraq
war. It's not an obsession - it's straight out partisan politics.

I'm sure you're not telling me about what my "goal" was in starting
this thread. Only an idiot would try to tell me what my goal was, and
I'm sure you're not an idiot. I posted it as a laugh about how someone
could mangle the language.

I'll refresh your memory. I wrote in the original post:
"Regardless of your political views, if you're a fan of world class
word
mangling, check this guy out. He has a degrees in literature and
"jornalism" - whatever that is!"

Notice the part about regardless of political views? I was hoping that
someone would get a laugh. That was my "goal". Instead all I got
were armchair pundits batting a dead ball back and forth. I didn't get
one laugh, not a single reply with anything other than the usual
political bull****. It's sad.

You have your convictions and you're welcome to them. You will of
course exercise your right to vote and I'm sure you're aware that that
is the _only_ way that you will persuade anyone of anything in the
political arena. Votes count - the rest is just blowing smoke.

This thread is hereby terminated. Anyone posting beyond this point
_is_ obsessed and should seek help and work at developing a sense of
humor.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
Bob F wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message

[...]

Kerry left one word, "us" out of his joke. Is the the mangling you
speak of? I read a bit of the article, and found nothing remotely
funny in it. Maybe you'd care to point it out.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Bob F" wrote:

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
Bob F wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message

[...]

Interesting that you cut out that part about anyone posting afterwards
was officially obsessed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

RicodJour wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message
ups.com...
RicodJour wrote:
Regardless of your political views, if you're a fan of world class word
mangling, check this guy out. He has a degrees in literature and
"jornalism" - whatever that is!

http://www.americanchronicle.com/art...rticleID=15967
Hey! Stop hijacking my thread! This is NOT a political thread. It's
a thread to make fun of a guy who tortures the language. Sheesh.

Kerry or Bush?

They both are torture to my ears. One puts me to sleep and the other
speaks pidgin English.

Well, get use to it because it will only increase.
With the Internet, non-functional speakers, as
well as non-functional people, have a voice that
is heard by many. That voice is often very
tortured but still influences others who may end
up repeating really tortured and substandard
language so often that it becomes standard. The
second worst place to learn language is from the
dunces that broadcast the news on the TV.
Tortured pronunciations, repetitive statements,
ignorant comments, etc are now common among even
national TV newscasts. Heck, even my spell check
suggests inappropriate hyphenation and
splitting of words.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message

Bob F wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message

[...]

Good God. No. It's not a political post, Bob! The mangler was the
author of the article. We're supposed to be laughing at him. Since
you thoughtfully cut off the part of my post where I repeated the
original post and mentioned his degrees in literature and "jornalism" I
can see why you didn't catch the reference. Read the article, focus on
the verbiage - not the content. Then chortle as you see fit.

Damn. I posted after the official thread termination. I guess I'm
obsessed and need to beg, borrow or steal a sense of humor. Oh well...

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article . com,
"RicodJour" wrote:

Damn. I posted after the official thread termination. I guess I'm
obsessed and need to beg, borrow or steal a sense of humor. Oh well...

Well I wasn't gonna mention it, but now that you do..... (BEG)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message
Well, get use to it because it will only increase.
With the Internet, non-functional speakers, as
well as non-functional people, have a voice that
is heard by many. That voice is often very
tortured but still influences others who may end
up repeating really tortured and substandard
language so often that it becomes standard. The
second worst place to learn language is from the
dunces that broadcast the news on the TV.
Tortured pronunciations, repetitive statements,
ignorant comments, etc are now common among even
national TV newscasts. Heck, even my spell check
suggests inappropriate hyphenation and
splitting of words.

News broadcasting is considered "entertainment" by their
producers. Real news is not important.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Bob F" wrote:

News broadcasting is considered "entertainment" by their
producers. Real news is not important.

Personally I think that occurred with the retirement of Walter
Cronkite..
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
In article ,
"Bob F" wrote:

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
Regardless of your political views, if you're a fan of world class

word
mangling, check this guy out. He has a degrees in literature and
"jornalism" - whatever that is!

http://www.americanchronicle.com/art...rticleID=15967

I'm amased at all the right wingers that insist on claiming that Kerry
intended to offend the troops when it is WELL documented that
he mearly mangled a bad joke about Bush. The real joke is printed
in his pre-released speach notes. These people KNOW he meant no
offense to anyone but Bush, they just choose to ignore that to take
political advantage.

Bob

You got a URL or other place to find this. Just wanta read it for
myself instead of trusting either you or the American Chronicle.

The prepared text as shown in
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...611020414/1068

"I can't overstress the importance of a great education. Do you know where
you end up if you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're intellectually
lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq. Just ask President
Bush."

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Bob F" wrote:

Kerry has done way more to support the military than Bush.

You are clearly *much* too far out of touch with reality to bother arguing
with.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Bob F" wrote:

The prepared text as shown in
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...1/611020414/10
68

"Prepared text" my a$$ -- that so-called "prepared" text was released about a
day and a half *after* the speech.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob F" wrote in message
The prepared text as shown in
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...611020414/1068

"I can't overstress the importance of a great education. Do you know where
you end up if you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're
intellectually
lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq. Just ask President
Bush."

That may be true, but the arrogant SOB did not come right out and say he
made a mistake. instead, he insisted that he would not apologize to Bush for
what he said. Had he come down from his high horse and immediately set the
record straight, it would be done and over within an hour. I'm no supporter
of Bush, but I certainly would not want Kerry as out leader.

Since he can't read prepared text properly, he should get Laura Bush to give
him lessons.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message news:_3e3h.1788
Since he can't read prepared text properly, he should get Laura Bush to

give
him lessons.

Maybe Bush himself should teach him. He always speaks so well.
Makes me so proud to be an American.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair
GWB GWB is offline

On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 03:07:07 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , "Bob F" wrote:

The prepared text as shown in
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...1/611020414/10
68

"Prepared text" my a$$ -- that so-called "prepared" text was released about a
day and a half *after* the speech.

Yeah well, they needed some time to prepare it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4 Nov 2006 12:32:00 -0800, "RicodJour"
wrote:

HeyBub wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message
ups.com...
RicodJour wrote:
Regardless of your political views, if you're a fan of world class word
mangling, check this guy out. He has a degrees in literature and
"jornalism" - whatever that is!

http://www.americanchronicle.com/art...rticleID=15967

Hey! Stop hijacking my thread! This is NOT a political thread. It's
a thread to make fun of a guy who tortures the language. Sheesh.

Kerry or Bush?

They both are torture to my ears. One puts me to sleep and the other
speaks pidgin English.

Don't insult the pidgins!

Mum's the word on why you're selling Ablang Home Ownership 0 September 2nd 05 08:28 AM
word wrap SwampBug Woodworking 4 January 3rd 05 12:23 AM
this ought to get everybody fired up.... mel Woodworking 56 March 29th 04 04:53 PM