Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ONE RADIATOR COLD

I have a completely cold radiator in one upstairs room of my
house, All the rest are working fine.

When I bleed them water appears immediately and get hot.

Can anyone suggest what the problem might be ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Your boiler might be low on water

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom Tom is offline

I have one upstairs baseboard cast iron radiator that was retrofitted after
a bathroom remodel. On the three occasions I've drained and refilled the
system, it stayed cold while the others, that are all original upright
radiators, get hot. I can bleed it, and the water blowing out will
eventually get hot, but it won't circulate back down the cold return side.
I've found that the only way I can get the bubble of air that must be
trapped on the cold return side out is to increase the pressure to about 25
psi and turn the heat on so the water gets very hot. This is enough "umph"
to blow out the air and get the circulation working. The radiator will work
fine from then on.

oups.com...