Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gas Dryer Vent

Guys, having a problem deciding on whether it is ok to use an under the
eave vent for my gas dryer. Problem is that it is a second floor location
and substantial work to locate anywhere else. I have continuous soffit
vent now and know that there may be a problem of the hot air blowing back
into the attic. My attic is vented. will it cause a major problem for me
or am I just over cautious. Thanks, Steve
Posted to alt.home.repair

A lot of people do it, but frankly I would not. Go up through the attic
and use a roof vent.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

"Steve" wrote in message
news:5aeb81acbd2c3ce109db58ca686a0f74@homerepairli ve.com...
Guys, having a problem deciding on whether it is ok to use an under the
eave vent for my gas dryer. Problem is that it is a second floor location
and substantial work to locate anywhere else. I have continuous soffit
vent now and know that there may be a problem of the hot air blowing back
into the attic. My attic is vented. will it cause a major problem for me
or am I just over cautious. Thanks, Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Steve wrote:
Guys, having a problem deciding on whether it is ok to use an under the
eave vent for my gas dryer. Problem is that it is a second floor location
and substantial work to locate anywhere else. I have continuous soffit
vent now and know that there may be a problem of the hot air blowing back
into the attic. My attic is vented. will it cause a major problem for me
or am I just over cautious. Thanks, Steve

How far below the soffit will it be? A weather vent deflecting the
outlet down away from the soffit and if you wanted you could put a
deflector around it or even close a small section of the soffit vent.
Unless you're blowing it all up there, I doubt you would have a
detectable temperature rise. What's more problematic imo would
possibly be lint collection/buildup over a long period of time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

thanks guys, my preference is to vent through roof but a lot of things
interfering with that way. The soffit is a first floor one that is about
8' from grade. I was planning to use a plastic vent that would be flush
with the eaves that could be easily cleaned.

dryer vent location John Home Repair 7 June 14th 05 04:31 AM
Where oh where to put an ouside dryer vent from below ground Wally Home Repair 23 December 17th 04 12:11 PM
Where oh where to put an ouside dryer vent from below ground Wally Home Ownership 23 December 17th 04 12:11 PM
Help with dryer vent on glass block window Jordan Powell Home Repair 7 February 27th 04 02:56 AM
Excessive lint coming out of dryer vent Dipu Home Repair 2 August 26th 03 06:15 AM