Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Source for switch plates?

I just started looking and havent found a switch plate for the box I put in.
1 outlet and 3 light switches.
All I've found is 1 outlet and 2 light switches...

TIA
STeve

Posted to alt.home.repair

They make blank covers for "multi-gang" boxes. Not decorative, tho. You
might have to make your own cutouts.
Try Wire-Mold products, at a good electrical supply, or get a wire-mold
catalog. They have multi-gang stuff, decorative/finished.
Absolutely Vote, for *Anyone BUT* a Democrat or a Republican
Ending Corruption in Congress is the Single Best Way
to Materially Improve Your Life
all d'numbuhs
"comcastss news groups" wrote in message
et...
I just started looking and havent found a switch plate for the box I put
in.
1 outlet and 3 light switches.
All I've found is 1 outlet and 2 light switches...

TIA
STeve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
They make blank covers for "multi-gang" boxes. Not decorative, tho. You
might have to make your own cutouts.
Try Wire-Mold products, at a good electrical supply, or get a wire-mold
catalog. They have multi-gang stuff, decorative/finished.
Absolutely Vote, for *Anyone BUT* a Democrat or a Republican
Ending Corruption in Congress is the Single Best Way
to Materially Improve Your Life
all d'numbuhs
"comcastss news groups" wrote in message
et...

I just started looking and havent found a switch plate for the box I put
in.
1 outlet and 3 light switches.
All I've found is 1 outlet and 2 light switches...

TIA
STeve

Try the big box stores, last year I had a similar problem and was able
to buy single width plastic switch/outlet plate covers whose sides
snapped together to build up what was needed. They had ones with one
outside edge as well as ones with two snap together sides. I put a
little plastic model cement on the joints "just in case" but it probably
wan't needed.

The finished plate assembly got covered with wallpaper, so the joints
weren't even visible.

I do remember I couldn't find one with an opening to match the GFCI
outlet I was installing, but maybe I missed spotting it or they were out
of stock. I had to carve that one from a regular toggle switch style
plate and drill/c'sink a couple of screw holes in it.

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Google is your friend.

http://www.switchhits.com/switchplat...ove rs_s.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

Here's a little plainer/cheaper version.
http://www.arnev.com/whiteenamelfinish.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

comcastss news groups wrote:
I just started looking and havent found a switch plate for the box I put in.
1 outlet and 3 light switches.
All I've found is 1 outlet and 2 light switches...

Assuming a the usual light switch and a duplex outlet, plates exist but
are a low volume item. You may have to get one from an electrical
wholesaler, which probably wouldn't like selling only a single plate, or
through an electrical contractor, or on-line.

Leviton part numbers:
86043 ivory
88043 white
85043 brown
84043 stainles steel
(and several other types)

--bud--
Posted to alt.home.repair

"comcastss news groups" wrote in message
et...
I just started looking and havent found a switch plate for the box I put

in.
1 outlet and 3 light switches.
All I've found is 1 outlet and 2 light switches...

If you go to all "decora" type openings (they fit your GFCI) you should have
less/no problem finding 4 "square" openings. And if you ever decided to
change to dimmers or GFCI or duplex switches (which you might have
considered earlier if you didn't have "wire count" problems you don't have
to hunt down a new coverplace.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"comcastss news groups" wrote in message
et...
I just started looking and havent found a switch plate for the box I put

in.
1 outlet and 3 light switches.
All I've found is 1 outlet and 2 light switches...

The "big box" stores won't have it. If you have an old time hardware
store, or electrical supply store nearby, check there.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
comcastss news groups wrote:
I just started looking and havent found a switch plate for the box I put in.
1 outlet and 3 light switches.
All I've found is 1 outlet and 2 light switches...

Start with 2 plates, one for 2 switches, the other for 1 switch & 1
outlet. Trim a bit from the left side of one and the right side of the
other. A table saw would probably do the job easily. Then just butt
them together and ignore the crack.

--
Rich Greenberg N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 239 543 1353
Canines:Val, Red, Shasta & Casey (RIP), Red & Zero, Siberians Owner:Chinook-L
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

comcastss news groups wrote:
I just started looking and havent found a switch plate for the box I put in.
1 outlet and 3 light switches.
All I've found is 1 outlet and 2 light switches...

TIA
STeve

Also available from Pass & Seymour/Legrand Cat, # 38SP (regular duplex
outlet) in ivory, white, brown, gray, light almond, polished brass and
stainless steel. Cat # SP326 in the same colors, decorator type outlet
(GFCI type) but no polished brass. A distributor may be the best place
to buy it, but the brand is carried by Menards IIRC. HTH

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

"John Gilmer" wrote in message

If you go to all "decora" type openings (they fit your GFCI) you should
have
less/no problem finding 4 "square" openings. And if you ever decided to
change to dimmers or GFCI or duplex switches (which you might have
considered earlier if you didn't have "wire count" problems you don't have
to hunt down a new coverplace.

This is the best answer, and probably cheapest, too. Plus it looks nicer.
We redid our whole house in Decora. Nice, clean look.

-Tim