Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.sport.swimming

Default Inground Pool liner - Can you see seams from the wall behind it?

I have a Fiberglass/Concrete pool that I'll be getting a liner
installed on. I personally hate the upkeep of owning a pool like this
(acid wash, painting, chips in the paint, leaks in the fiberglass,
etc).
A liner seems like the perfect solution.

my quesiton is, do you currently see the seams from the wall behind
your liner? in some installations the installer uses foam padding to
hide these, but my installer said that because of our climate and the
fact that you lower the water in the winter, the top of the foam will
start to sag and that I would be better off without the foam, but that
the seams would be visible from the liner.

I just wanted some feedback from people who have liner pools, do you
see the seams and does it look bad? do you have the foam and do you
think it looks better?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.sport.swimming

Do I "...see the seams from the wall behind your liner?"
I must be missing something in my interpretation of your question. How can
I see anything behind the liner...the walls are in the way.

FWIW, I have had vinyl liner pools with and without foam installed in back
of the liner, i.e. between the liner and the steel walls. I notice no
difference re. visibility of liner seams.

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.sport.swimming

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I built vinyl liner pools while going to college (79-83). You can see
anything/everything behind the liner. If there is a trowel mark in the
concrete or a seam you can see it. In an effort to make this less of an
issue, most liner makers went to some sort of a pattern or design in areas
near the coping and also in the hopper of the pool to make it more difficult
to see imperfections.

I'd have them use the foam. It helps protect the liner from anything that
might be working it's way out of the pool walls.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.sport.swimming

Thanks, and by not noticing any difference between using and not using
the foam, do you mean you always see the seam lines regardless when
using the foam?

I had wanted to use the foam, but like I said my installer doesn't like
using it because he said after a few years the foam starts to sag
because in the winters here there is freezing and we lower our water in
the winter.

Craven Morehead wrote:
Do I "...see the seams from the wall behind your liner?"
I must be missing something in my interpretation of your question. How can
I see anything behind the liner...the walls are in the way.

FWIW, I have had vinyl liner pools with and without foam installed in back
of the liner, i.e. between the liner and the steel walls. I notice no
difference re. visibility of liner seams.

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.sport.swimming

If you mean the seams where the steel wall sections are joined, I do not
see them with or without the foam.

oups.com...

Craven Morehead wrote:
Do I "...see the seams from the wall behind your liner?"
I must be missing something in my interpretation of your question. How
can
I see anything behind the liner...the walls are in the way.

FWIW, I have had vinyl liner pools with and without foam installed in
back
of the liner, i.e. between the liner and the steel walls. I notice no
difference re. visibility of liner seams.

oups.com...