Posted to alt.home.repair

Default APPLIANCE RATINGS

Oven
Cooktop
Microwave Oven
Dishwasher
Washer
Dryer

Where can I go to find out various brands are rated and what features
they have?

I don't want to go from website to website from Kenmore to Whirlpool to
GE to KitchenAid, etc., plus they aren't objective.

Besides paying Consumers Reports, how does one get a rating on price
features and energy efficiency?

Posted to alt.home.repair
PV PV is offline

"MRS. CLEAN" wrote in message
ups.com...
Oven
Cooktop
Microwave Oven
Dishwasher
Washer
Dryer

Where can I go to find out various brands are rated and what features
they have?

I don't want to go from website to website from Kenmore to Whirlpool to
GE to KitchenAid, etc., plus they aren't objective.

Besides paying Consumers Reports, how does one get a rating on price
features and energy efficiency?

Pay for Consumer Reports, it has paid for itself over the last year for my
kitchen reno this summer

PV

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article . com, "MRS. CLEAN" wrote:
Where can I go to find out various brands are rated and what features
they have?

I don't want to go from website to website from Kenmore to Whirlpool to
GE to KitchenAid, etc., plus they aren't objective.

Besides paying Consumers Reports, how does one get a rating on price
features and energy efficiency?

Consumer Reports (print version) is probably available at
your local public library. You'll likely find some other
cool books there too ;-)

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |
Posted to alt.home.repair

As the others suggested, Consumer Reports is a good source. I will add
a warning however. Don't just look at the ratings. They can be misleading.
Read the entire article and understand why they were rated the way they
were. For example if a washer has been downrated because it is noisy and
you are planing to put it somewhere that the noise will not be a problem,
that may be a great choice for you an on the ratings it may have been rated
poor because of that.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"MRS. CLEAN" wrote in message
ups.com...
Oven
Cooktop
Microwave Oven
Dishwasher
Washer
Dryer

Where can I go to find out various brands are rated and what features
they have?

I don't want to go from website to website from Kenmore to Whirlpool to
GE to KitchenAid, etc., plus they aren't objective.

Besides paying Consumers Reports, how does one get a rating on price
features and energy efficiency?

Posted to alt.home.repair

I called my regular independent appliance dealer. He put me into the
Estate Model by Whirlpool for washerdryer and refrigerator. He has done
me well.

I spoke with him over the phone (I must trust him). I took his
recommendations, surfed the web, called back to confirm the models, saw
the rebate $400, I was providing him with credit card info in just a
few minutes. I don't really like the process. I want the product. He
told me I could come by and look at the items if I wanted. Since I
bought my car without a test drive, and bought my house without going
through (it had a dog yard, what can I say?), this should be fairly
minor.

He has remodeled my entire kitchen in Maytag for $1,500 (after rebate).
I'd say NOT TOO SHABBY for a beautiful oven, dishwasher, and cooktop.

I am going to miss my 30 year old dishwasher with the hole in the door.
I am a little sad. He told me I didn't need anything else (advised to
stay with refrig washdryer and micro).

MRS. CLEAN wrote:
Oven
Cooktop
Microwave Oven
Dishwasher
Washer
Dryer

Where can I go to find out various brands are rated and what features
they have?

I don't want to go from website to website from Kenmore to Whirlpool to
GE to KitchenAid, etc., plus they aren't objective.

Besides paying Consumers Reports, how does one get a rating on price
features and energy efficiency?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Go to the library, if you can't justify $20 to research a $500-$1500-a-piece
set of appliances...

-Tim

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
.. .
As the others suggested, Consumer Reports is a good source. I will add
a warning however. Don't just look at the ratings. They can be
misleading. Read the entire article and understand why they were rated the
way they were. For example if a washer has been downrated because it is
noisy and you are planing to put it somewhere that the noise will not be a
problem, that may be a great choice for you an on the ratings it may have
been rated poor because of that.

Good advice. Also check the reliability ratings. CR has surveyed, in some
cases, several hundred thousand users and that is a pretty good base to
judge reliability of a product.
John

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 27 Oct 2006 09:52:40 -0700, "MRS. CLEAN"
wrote:

Oven
Cooktop
Microwave Oven
Dishwasher
Washer
Dryer

Where can I go to find out various brands are rated and what features
they have?

I don't want to go from website to website from Kenmore to Whirlpool to
GE to KitchenAid, etc., plus they aren't objective.

Besides paying Consumers Reports, how does one get a rating on price
features and energy efficiency?

You can find CU publications at your local library. Copy the pages
you want. Take a close look at repair histories too. Companies have
bought others so you need to pay attention to model numbers as well.
Posted to alt.home.repair

MRS. CLEAN wrote::

Where can I go to find out various brands are rated and what features
they have?

You can subscribe to Consumer Reports online for one month for a few
bucks.

Also: http://www.consumersearch.com/

bonnie