Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ANTI-SIEZE GREASE DRIED UP

Hi all,

I have a couple of plastic bottles of Permatex anti-sieze grease, and
they've both dried out. Each bottle is over 1/2 full. It's still usable, but
it's quite stiff. What did they use to "liquify" the grease, and what can I put
in the bottles to possibly soften it up ???

RON
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ron in NY wrote:
Hi all,

I have a couple of plastic bottles of Permatex anti-sieze grease, and
they've both dried out. Each bottle is over 1/2 full. It's still usable, but
it's quite stiff. What did they use to "liquify" the grease, and what can I put
in the bottles to possibly soften it up ???

RON
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

I'd reach for some kerosene....or maybe even mineral spirits (paint
thinner).

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ron in NY wrote:
Hi all,

I have a couple of plastic bottles of Permatex anti-sieze grease,
and they've both dried out. Each bottle is over 1/2 full. It's still
usable, but it's quite stiff. What did they use to "liquify" the
grease, and what can I put in the bottles to possibly soften it up ???

RON
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

I would just buy some more. I buy the stuff at the auto parts store in
small tubes, use on and throw any remainder away.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve Barker LT wrote:
sounds like a guy with more dollars than sense.

I don't know about that. I have spent about $2.00 over the last five
years. I don't think that is too much to avoid the possibility of
compromising the material with an incompatible solvent.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve Barker LT wrote:
If you spent $2 then you weren't buying a quality anti-seize compound
anyway. And thinning the stuff doesn't compromise it.

over and out,

Honestly I think I got stuff that was just fine. It certainly was not a
gallon of the the stuff, just a dab or two, enough for the jobs I needed it
for.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit