Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Model ??

The power went out in my home and I guess it blew something in my Fan
because ithe Fan no longer words, I tripped the Power Switch and all
else works except the fan. Can you replace the Capacitator? Is it worth
it ? I would just replace it with another but I can't find one with the
Ceiling dome as wide as mine. I don't want to have to Paint due to the
ring on the ceiling the old dome might leave, so I'm looking for a fan
with a very large dome. I tried to locate a Model Number on the Fan,
but I cannot find one. there's a tag that just says Hampton Bay. I
tried Home Depot but they have thousands of Models but none with a
Large Dome. I know my questions are many, but I need help from someone
who knows. Thanks in advance

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dino" wrote in message
ps.com...
The power went out in my home and I guess it blew something in my Fan
because ithe Fan no longer words, I tripped the Power Switch and all
else works except the fan. Can you replace the Capacitator? Is it worth
it ? I would just replace it with another but I can't find one with the
Ceiling dome as wide as mine. I don't want to have to Paint due to the
ring on the ceiling the old dome might leave, so I'm looking for a fan
with a very large dome. I tried to locate a Model Number on the Fan,
but I cannot find one. there's a tag that just says Hampton Bay. I
tried Home Depot but they have thousands of Models but none with a
Large Dome. I know my questions are many, but I need help from someone
who knows. Thanks in advance

You might be able to kill two birds with one stone. Check here and see if
they have a dome that fits your needs:
http://www.casablancafanco.com/

If you don't see what you need on the site, call them on the phone. If you
are successful, you will end up with a fan that is so much better than what
you had before, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. It'll cost more,
but you won't mind after it's installed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dino" wrote in message
ps.com...
The power went out in my home and I guess it blew something in my Fan
because ithe Fan no longer words, I tripped the Power Switch and all
else works except the fan. Can you replace the Capacitator? Is it worth
it ? I would just replace it with another but I can't find one with the
Ceiling dome as wide as mine. I don't want to have to Paint due to the
ring on the ceiling the old dome might leave, so I'm looking for a fan
with a very large dome. I tried to locate a Model Number on the Fan,
but I cannot find one. there's a tag that just says Hampton Bay. I
tried Home Depot but they have thousands of Models but none with a
Large Dome. I know my questions are many, but I need help from someone
who knows. Thanks in advance

If none of the speed positions on the fan work, check at HD for a switch
replacement. That is an easy and inexpensive try.
Before disconnecting the old switch make a careful note of where the wires
go.

If that is not it and you are set on a new fan, look at the canopies (dome)
for similar fans and see if they are not interchangeable.

Charlie

Posted to alt.home.repair

The speed position & switch are only on on the fan itself. Noone has
touched the Switch, although it may have burnt out like you said.
Canopies ? That's what they are called. Cool. I'll try the switch first
& then go from there. Thanks to all for info
Charlie Bress wrote:
"Dino" wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

Dino wrote:
The power went out in my home and I guess it blew something in my Fan
because ithe Fan no longer words, I tripped the Power Switch and all
else works except the fan. Can you replace the Capacitator? Is it worth
it ? I would just replace it with another but I can't find one with the
Ceiling dome as wide as mine. I don't want to have to Paint due to the
ring on the ceiling the old dome might leave, so I'm looking for a fan
with a very large dome. I tried to locate a Model Number on the Fan,
but I cannot find one. there's a tag that just says Hampton Bay. I
tried Home Depot but they have thousands of Models but none with a
Large Dome. I know my questions are many, but I need help from someone
who knows. Thanks in advance

They sell "medallions" which are basically an ornate piece of ??
plastic?? to go around the fan base and cover up any such imperfections
in the ceiling. Cheap.

Insulating a drop ceiling... bremen68 Woodworking 5 May 7th 06 09:35 PM
Ceiling Fan Steve Home Repair 0 August 7th 05 05:59 PM
Too good to be true? Gene T Woodworking 222 August 2nd 05 10:03 PM
Metal Working Machinery New and Used in Australia and for Export [email protected] Metalworking 0 February 23rd 05 02:54 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM