Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Buffalo, NY Celebrates Friday the 13th

Got your home storage? And does that include heat, light, shelter,
shovels, medical, and so on? Buffalo gonna need a lot of repairing.

Buffalo, NY, has been shut down. As much as two feet of heavy, wet
snow. Power cut to as many as 350,000 people. State of emergency, no
travel. The snow started some time yesterday, and has
finally shut the area down. At 4 PM on Friday as I write, the NYS
Thruway is closed from exit 46 (Henrietta) to 59 (near PA line). Which
is about 100 mile stretch of road.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_4359.aspx

I found out when I went to a local (to me) hardware store. They were
sold out of generators. I find out that they had been selling one
every 10 minutes.

A couple friends of mine live on the north edge of the city, in
Amherst. I'm certain they do not have any backup heat, except maybe
the burners on the stove. They may have a candle or two. Yes, I
telephoned, but got no answer. Most likely the telephone is also out.
I'm still trying to contact them to see what I can do to help. Of
course, that's hard to do with no telephone. If you have friends in
that area, please check and see if they are OK.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

[...]

This was posted online by CNN at 12 PM today.

you're a bit late. :-)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Got your home storage? And does that include heat, light, shelter,
shovels, medical, and so on? Buffalo gonna need a lot of repairing.

Buffalo, NY, has been shut down.

We didn't get any snow at all in Rochester. Was it lake effect off Erie, or
a storm that went north?
I suppose it will all melt in a day or two, but that will just cause
flooding.
I wish you all well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Toller" wrote in
:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Got your home storage? And does that include heat, light, shelter,
shovels, medical, and so on? Buffalo gonna need a lot of repairing.

Buffalo, NY, has been shut down.

We didn't get any snow at all in Rochester. Was it lake effect off
Erie, or a storm that went north?
I suppose it will all melt in a day or two, but that will just cause
flooding.

Not in Buffalo.they have pretty good drainage;right into Niagara River.

I wish you all well.

That much snow,it HAS to be Lake Effect.
But I saw the weather radar recordings on the local Orlando news,and the
storm went right up Lake Erie,thus;yes,lake effect.

Perhaps the beginning of an interesting winter?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm also in the Rah Cha Cha area. Aparently it went to Batavia, and
Brockport. More B-names? From what I could figure it was some friek
lake effect coming off Lake Erie. I've got some friends in north edge
of Buffalo. Wonder if they are OK? They aren't at all into emergency
preps. I think the one flashlight they have is the one I gave em for
Christmas about five years ago. And their only backup heat is the gas
stove. If they think to use it.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Toller" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Got your home storage? And does that include heat, light, shelter,
shovels, medical, and so on? Buffalo gonna need a lot of repairing.

Buffalo, NY, has been shut down.

We didn't get any snow at all in Rochester. Was it lake effect off
Erie, or
a storm that went north?
I suppose it will all melt in a day or two, but that will just cause
flooding.
I wish you all well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Fat, dumb, and happy, here. I had simply no clue there was anything
wrong till I went into a Home Depot (I'm about 100 miles from Buffalo)
and found em sold out of generators. I asked what's wrong, and a lady
at the store told me. I woulda never known, cause I don't watch TV.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .

This was posted online by CNN at 12 PM today.

you're a bit late. :-)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Jim Yanik wrote:
"Toller" wrote in
:

[...]

Amherst is flat and full of clay. It'll be trouble when it melts
because is will probably melt fast.

I'm down in the Southern Tier. All I can say is "better you than me".
I was in the Hudson River Valley when the ice storm hit in Oct. of 87
or 88.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pat" wrote in
oups.com:

Jim Yanik wrote:
"Toller" wrote in
:

[...]

I used to live in Tonawanda,grew up there,and Amherst,Cheektowaga,and Depew
were well-known to me. Lockport,too.
(I just can't remember the name of that bar in Lockport on Transit just
north of Millersport....had many good times there.)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Jim Yanik wrote:
"Pat" wrote in
oups.com:

Jim Yanik wrote:
"Toller" wrote in
:

[...]

Killed the old brains cells there, heh?
jyanik
at
kua.net

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pat" wrote in
oups.com:

Jim Yanik wrote:
"Pat" wrote in
oups.com:

Jim Yanik wrote:
"Toller" wrote in
:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
message ...
[...]

either that or another "senior moment". ;-)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Need Buffalo China! Jack Rabbit Home Ownership 3 December 17th 05 07:19 PM
Buffalo horn Andy Dingley Woodworking 21 October 30th 04 10:26 PM
Do you have Past Woodpeck Weekly Special Email? Jeremy Woodworking 2 August 8th 04 03:24 AM