Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How long should I let the concrete set up on fence posts?

Hello,

I just set a couple of posts in concrete today, replacing two that went bad
on me.

How long should I let the concrete set up before I attach the rails and
pickets (cedar rails, 6'x6" pickets) to the posts?

This is in Western Oregon, BTW, where temps have been in the seventies for
the last week, and the ground is dry.

Thanks,

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jon Danniken wrote:
Hello,

I just set a couple of posts in concrete today, replacing two that went bad
on me.

How long should I let the concrete set up before I attach the rails and
pickets (cedar rails, 6'x6" pickets) to the posts?

This is in Western Oregon, BTW, where temps have been in the seventies for
the last week, and the ground is dry.

Thanks,

Jon

Im no DIY expert but i was thinking maybe untill it drys. I do appolgive if this information is incorrect in just learning about disscsion groups and i have to reply to a posting. Hope u have a nice day.

Posted to alt.home.repair

When it is hard, wait 2 hours and bang away

SteveC wrote:
Very funny!! When it dries...

--
Steve
"cuppycake" wrote in message
oups.com...

Jon Danniken wrote:
Hello,

I just set a couple of posts in concrete today, replacing two that went
bad
on me.

How long should I let the concrete set up before I attach the rails and
pickets (cedar rails, 6'x6" pickets) to the posts?

This is in Western Oregon, BTW, where temps have been in the seventies
for
the last week, and the ground is dry.

Thanks,

Jon

Im no DIY expert but i was thinking maybe untill it drys. I do appolgive
if this information is incorrect in just learning about disscsion groups
and i have to reply to a posting. Hope u have a nice day.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
Hello,

I just set a couple of posts in concrete today, replacing two that went
bad
on me.

How long should I let the concrete set up before I attach the rails and
pickets (cedar rails, 6'x6" pickets) to the posts?

This is in Western Oregon, BTW, where temps have been in the seventies for
the last week, and the ground is dry.

Thanks,

Jon

3 days. 5 for a total cure.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
When it is hard, wait 2 hours and bang away

Then clear away the rubble and do it again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
Hello,

I just set a couple of posts in concrete today, replacing two that went
bad
on me.

How long should I let the concrete set up before I attach the rails and
pickets (cedar rails, 6'x6" pickets) to the posts?

The cement FAQ,

http://www.axp.mdx.ac.uk/~john49/cemfaq.htm

-zero