Posted to alt.home.repair

Default refrigerator water dispenser leaking

What could be the problem with a water dispenser leaking? The refrigerator
is a GE Profile Artica side by side purchased new 8 years ago. When I say,
leak, I'm talking about a serious leak. It started a few days ago, I got up
one morning and there was a puddle of water in the floor. Things I've
already done are, took off the panel and got everything that could come off,
off....tried turning off the water to the fridge, still leaked, emptied the
water reservoir...still leaked. but not as bad. I left it that way for a
couple of days, then took out the water filter and replaced it with the plug
that came with it, took it all apart again, cleaned everything that could be
cleaned, put it all back together and the leak slowed almost to a stop, it
took 12 hours to get an inch of water in the 16 oz. glass that I placed
there to catch the drip. That was 2 days ago, then this morning, I got up
and found the 16 oz. glass was about to spill over! When it is set to
'water', I can hear the switch click on and then off when I push on the
dispensing cradle. It doesn't make any difference in the leak if I switch
the control to ice, crushed or cubed. Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Gloria

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Gloria" wrote in message
[...]

My guess is the valve is not shutting off properly. Either a gasket is worn
or a piece of junk got stuck in there preventing proper closing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

My guess is the valve is not shutting off properly. Either a gasket is
worn or a piece of junk got stuck in there preventing proper closing.

Thanks, Ed. Where would I find this valve? This is a diagram of the Sealed
System and Motherboard and is the only thing I found when I searched for
'water valve' on the model # of my refrigerator. It's part #800. Part # 796
also showed up, but is no longer available. My GE Profile Artica
refrigerator model # is PSS25SGMD

https://genet.geappliances.com/IPCNe...014886.p02.pdf

It's so nice to get help so quickly on here. Thank you,
Gloria

#800. Part # 796 also showed up, but is no longer available. My GE Profile
Artica refrigerator model # is PSS25SGMD

https://genet.geappliances.com/IPCNe...014886.p02.pdf

It's so nice to get help so quickly on here. Thank you,
Gloria

I'm not sure from the diagram. I'd be looking for a vale like this one
http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDe...&PartID=880070

Just like a sink faucet will develop a leak over time, your water valve on
the fridge may have too. If there is something stuck in there, running a
lot of water may flush it out. If it turns out to be grit or sand from
your water, consider adding a whole house sediment filter.

#800. Part # 796 also showed up, but is no longer available. My GE Profile
Artica refrigerator model # is PSS25SGMD

https://genet.geappliances.com/IPCNe...014886.p02.pdf

It's so nice to get help so quickly on here. Thank you,
Gloria

If it is #800 it appears it would be under the base of refrig. Follow the
water line that feeds it. WW

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

I'm not sure from the diagram. I'd be looking for a vale like this one
http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDe...&PartID=880070

Just like a sink faucet will develop a leak over time, your water valve on
the fridge may have too. If there is something stuck in there, running a
lot of water may flush it out. If it turns out to be grit or sand from
your water, consider adding a whole house sediment filter.

Thanks for your help Ed, I found the part and also found installation
instructions from other DIYers on another parts site. I'm confident I can
do this!
I'll let you know how it goes and if that fixed my problem.

Thanks so much for your help.
Gloria

Posted to alt.home.repair

"WW" wrote in message

If it is #800 it appears it would be under the base of refrig. Follow the
water line that feeds it. WW

Thanks, WW. Your info was very helpful and I found where the valve is and
it looks pretty simple to replace. I'll let you know the ending...

Gloria

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm not Ed, but water valves are in the back, near the floor. They are
connected to the water supply tubing.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Gloria" wrote in message

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

My guess is the valve is not shutting off properly. Either a gasket
is
worn or a piece of junk got stuck in there preventing proper
closing.

Thanks, Ed. Where would I find this valve? This is a diagram of the
Sealed
System and Motherboard and is the only thing I found when I searched
for
'water valve' on the model # of my refrigerator. It's part #800. Part
# 796
also showed up, but is no longer available. My GE Profile Artica
refrigerator model # is PSS25SGMD

https://genet.geappliances.com/IPCNe...014886.p02.pdf

It's so nice to get help so quickly on here. Thank you,
Gloria

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I'm not Ed, but water valves are in the back, near the floor. They are
connected to the water supply tubing.

You don't have to be named "Ed" to help me... I appreciate all the help
I've received from all the knowledgeable posters on here. This is a great
'go to' place for really good answers to problems. This is a very smart
group of folks!

Thanks, Stormin

Gloria