Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Interior staircase railing

Hello, all!!

I am looking for a particular type of interior staircase railing. I
found just one image on google.

http://www.sawhorse.net/photos/Renovation2b.jpg

Would anyone know what it's called and made of, and how/where I'd be
able to find one?

Thanks

Elana

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hello, all!!

I am looking for a particular type of interior staircase railing. I
found just one image on google.

http://www.sawhorse.net/photos/Renovation2b.jpg

Would anyone know what it's called and made of, and how/where I'd be
able to find one?

Looks like a plain flat board atop a wall section. The wall is made of 2 x
4's and sheetrock, the board is from the lumberyard.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Probably not something that you could 'add' to an existing stairway unless
the supporting structure is there already, or there is no wall on the
outside of the stairs already, such as an open basement stairway that you
are looking to enclose.

"elanamig" wrote in message
ups.com...

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...
Hello, all!!

I am looking for a particular type of interior staircase railing. I
found just one image on google.

http://www.sawhorse.net/photos/Renovation2b.jpg

Would anyone know what it's called and made of, and how/where I'd be
able to find one?

Looks like a plain flat board atop a wall section. The wall is made of
2 x
4's and sheetrock, the board is from the lumberyard.

Thank you

Elana

Posted to alt.home.repair

"elanamig" wrote in message
ups.com...

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...
Hello, all!!

I am looking for a particular type of interior staircase railing. I
found just one image on google.

http://www.sawhorse.net/photos/Renovation2b.jpg

Would anyone know what it's called and made of, and how/where I'd be
able to find one?

Looks like a plain flat board atop a wall section. The wall is made of
2 x
4's and sheetrock, the board is from the lumberyard.

Okay, my monitor ain't the biggest, but it looked like a raised detail to
me. Can't tell if it was built up, or milled down from a big plank. But in
either case, any custom millwork job shop could run one up for you. Like the
other guy said, the lower part is just a drywalled 2x4 stub wall.

aem sends...

long railing Eigenvector Home Repair 6 June 14th 06 04:58 AM
Cost of railing for walkway!? Steven O. Home Ownership 25 November 18th 05 04:25 AM
Starter row for hardwood flooring adjacent to balcony railing ed Home Repair 0 September 22nd 05 10:45 PM
Railing Baluster Spacing Zimmer Woodworking 8 July 6th 05 03:25 AM
How much work is to clean & stain cedar deck railing? Dave K. Home Repair 0 May 1st 04 06:22 PM