Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Your opinion on this tile & paint color

I'm having trouble deciding on some interior colors. Would appreciate any
opinions.

The actual paint color is called "off-white" from wal mart. For the trim I
used high gloss exterior white. I do like the look of the trim. But my
concern was that there was too much beige with the addition of the tile.

I painted the utility room these colors as a test, then laid down a few
sample pieces of tile. This color scheme is what I was considering for the
kitchen and bathroom.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...IMG_0016-1.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...f/IMG_0015.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...IMG_0014-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Posted to alt.home.repair

What colors are you looking for? Do you want deeper richer colors? What
colors are used in the kitchen and bathroom. You can have unifying
elements (trim and floor), but also use accent color to make each room
more individual. Your color palette is very neutral. If you want more
"pop!" You'll need to think about whether you want warmth: russets, reds,
browns, or if you want cool colors: greens, blues, greys, etc. Ralph Loren
@ HomeDepot has a lot of accent colors and color schemes that go with them.
One other thought. Use an accent wall. Just one. Use your neutral palette
to tie things together and give the kitchen some punch by selecting a wall
that you'd like to feature.

The feature wall can be a large wall with cabinets and other features that
you paint a dramatic darker color, offsetting the color with cabinets and
trim. Or small wall where the color is the feature and it pulls out colors
used elsewhere in the room. Look in architectural magazines for homes you
like the feel of. What is working in them for you? When you figure that
out, the whole process will be easier.

If you feel the color palette is too beige, perhaps listen to your own
thoughts. Good luck. It is hard to make decisions about color.

PS.
I like to do rag roll technique on my walls, to add more color to them. (I
often use 4-5 colors, I purchase for $1 in the mis-mixed paints at
several stores.)
====
KaCe
Posted to alt.home.repair

gary56 wrote:
I'm having trouble deciding on some interior colors. Would appreciate any
opinions.

The actual paint color is called "off-white" from wal mart. For the trim I
used high gloss exterior white. I do like the look of the trim. But my
concern was that there was too much beige with the addition of the tile.

I painted the utility room these colors as a test, then laid down a few
sample pieces of tile. This color scheme is what I was considering for the
kitchen and bathroom.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...IMG_0016-1.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...f/IMG_0015.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...IMG_0014-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

For most of us ordinary guys, who are of course smarter and more
perceptive than women and interior decorators, there are really only 3
colors in the world: Red, Green and Blue and maybe White and Black.
That's rule number 1. Rule number 2 is that ANY two colors will go
together. It's when you add the third color that you can really get
into trouble.

Rule number 3 is that if there are any women around that will look at
it, you will be wrong no matter what you do. Women can see colors 50
feet away in a paint that's called "off-white". They'll see red in your
off-white and ask you why you choose that color when you have an
off-white washing machine with blue in it.

So, if you have any women in your life, let them pick the colors. If
you don't, paint the walls and trim the same color of a "neutral" white
and then when that certain women comes along let her knock herself out
decorating with any colors she wants to.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Interior decorators call this the "boring beige blues." But it's all
about personal preference. Personally I like white trim. You could
paint the walls dark green or brown for a contrast and earthy look.

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 06:31:34 GMT, "gary56" wrote:

I'm having trouble deciding on some interior colors. Would appreciate any
opinions.

The actual paint color is called "off-white" from wal mart. For the trim I
used high gloss exterior white. I do like the look of the trim. But my
concern was that there was too much beige with the addition of the tile.

I painted the utility room these colors as a test, then laid down a few
sample pieces of tile. This color scheme is what I was considering for the
kitchen and bathroom.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...IMG_0016-1.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...f/IMG_0015.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...IMG_0014-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Posted to alt.home.repair

gary56 wrote:
I'm having trouble deciding on some interior colors. Would appreciate any
opinions.

The actual paint color is called "off-white" from wal mart. For the trim I
used high gloss exterior white. I do like the look of the trim. But my
concern was that there was too much beige with the addition of the tile.

I painted the utility room these colors as a test, then laid down a few
sample pieces of tile. This color scheme is what I was considering for the
kitchen and bathroom.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...IMG_0016-1.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...f/IMG_0015.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...IMG_0014-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

It is a nice, clean color scheme. I don't have the nerve for dramatic
paint colors that some people do, so your color scheme is close to my
taste. Can always add color with accessories. The wall color could,
perhaps, be a little warmer to pick up the warm tones of the tile.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Norminn" wrote in message
ink.net...
gary56 wrote:
[...]

Ok thanks to everyone for the input. It was very helpful.