Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

Default buying tools on eBay

Ran across a cordless saw on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=019

I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should
purchase it for $18.99

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

"Cindi" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ran across a cordless saw on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=019

I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should
purchase it for $18.99

If it retails for 59.99 and it's 18.99 on Ebay right now, I'd wait till it
went to 59.98 then bid on it.

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

In article .com, "Cindi" wrote:
Ran across a cordless saw on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem&rd=1&item=

This is your third try posting the same crap. You didn't "run across" this,
you liar. You're shilling for the seller.

--
Regards,

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

"Cindi" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ran across a cordless saw on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should
purchase it for $18.99

eBay is a big yard sale in a rough neighborhood.

Never EVER buy from people with less than 98% positive feedback,
and a minimum of 50 transactions.

-zero

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

Doug Miller wrote:
In article .com,
"Cindi" wrote:
Ran across a cordless saw on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem&rd=1&item=

This is your third try posting the same crap. You didn't "run across"
this,
you liar. You're shilling for the seller.

Yup,and already with bad feedback.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
m...
In article .com,
"Cindi" wrote:
Ran across a cordless saw on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem&rd=1&item=

This is your third try posting the same crap. You didn't "run across"
this,
you liar. You're shilling for the seller.

--
Regards,

Did you see the feedback on the seller? 77. I wouldn't buy a stick of gum
from him.

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

"Cindi" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ran across a cordless saw on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=019

I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should
purchase it for $18.99

What a deal! Only $18.99 + $14.95 shipping = $33.94 for a cordless saw
without battery or charger
and without warranty from a person with a reputation of defaulting on nearly
20% of transactions.
Buy it. You deserve it!

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

jerryl wrote:

Did you see the feedback on the seller? 77. I wouldn't buy a stick
of gum from him.

Yes,but it looks as if he's using this guys pics, a scam if ever there was
one.

http://tinyurl.co.uk/iue8

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

Doug Miller wrote:
In article .com, "Cindi" wrote:
Ran across a cordless saw on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem&rd=1&item=

This is your third try posting the same crap. You didn't "run across" this,
you liar. You're shilling for the seller.

--
Regards,

And if one looks closely at the ad, the reason it's only $19.99 is
because - SURVEY SAYS - it's only a carcass. No battery! What a great
ebayer, folks.

FoggyTown

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

"Cindi" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ran across a cordless saw on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=019

I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should
purchase it for $18.99

No. The seller has bad feedback and you will probably get ripped off.

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

In article , "Toller" wrote:

"Cindi" wrote in message
roups.com...
Ran across a cordless saw on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=deleted

I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should
purchase it for $18.99

No. The seller has bad feedback and you will probably get ripped off.

The poster *is* the seller. "Cindi" aka James F. McGovern has been shilling
his/her auctions here, and at rec.woodworking, for a while now. This is at
least the third time he/she has been busted.

--
Regards,

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

"Cindi" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ran across a cordless saw on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...SE :IT&ih=019

I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should
purchase it for $18.99

No, you should FOAD. How many times are you going to SPAM the newsgroups
with your eBay junk? Do you think we don't know you are shilling?

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

"Cindi" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ran across a cordless saw on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=019

I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should
purchase it for $18.99

Who is this idiot spammer who keeps posting this crap? Jesus, get lost.

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

"Ray Turner" wrote in message
On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 12:14:18 +0000, -zero wrote:

eBay is a big yard sale in a rough neighborhood.

Never EVER buy from people with less than 98% positive feedback,
and a minimum of 50 transactions.

Friends don't let friends buy on Ebay - regardless of sellers feedback.

I've purchased many things on Ebay and never got stung. If the seller has a
good feedback score and has been on quite awhile, it's usually safe to buy.
I also pay by credit card just in case. Like everything else "Caveat Emptor"

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Looks like Cindi is getting the same reception she got the last time she
tried this scam

"Cindi" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ran across a cordless saw on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=019

I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should
purchase it for $18.99

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

(Doug Miller) wrote:

In article .com,
"Cindi" wrote:
Ran across a cordless saw on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem&rd=1&item=

This is your third try posting the same crap. You didn't "run across"
this, you liar. You're shilling for the seller.

And isn't that a violation of e-bay rules?
Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

Did you see the feedback on the seller? 77. I wouldn't buy a stick
of gum from him.

And how about this note:

Buyer must provide positive feedback before item ships

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
ND ND is offline

"Cindi" wrote
Ran across a cordless saw on eBay:

I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should
purchase it for $18.99

I'll tell you what, next time you spam these NGs, you will get a buyer with
Zero feedback to buy your item. You will also get an instant Negative for
non-shipment.

Get my drift?

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
ND ND is offline

"ND" wrote

"Cindi" wrote
Ran across a cordless saw on eBay:

I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should
purchase it for $18.99

I'll tell you what, next time you spam these NGs, you will get a buyer
with Zero feedback to buy your item. You will also get an instant
Negative for non-shipment.

Get my drift?

Heck, I had to leave you feedback about spamming. Don't spam anymore, or
I'll leave more negatives under a different name.

Are we clear?

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 06:42:29 +1000, "glenn P"
wrote:

Yes, definitely buy it, but don't ask this sort of question in this group
again - oops, too late you're off to the KF....

I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should
purchase it for $18.99

Yes. Then pay 42$ shipping/handling charges.

Pete
Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

This is getting even better. Some anal aperture with handle
"getting_even_with_spammers" (wonder who that might be?) bought it for
$19.99 - allegedly.

This is almost good enough to sell tickets to!

FoggyTown

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

In article .com, "foggytown" wrote:

This is getting even better. Some anal aperture with handle
"getting_even_with_spammers" (wonder who that might be?) bought it for
$19.99 - allegedly.

This is almost good enough to sell tickets to!

Well, it wasn't me... but I think it's a clever idea. I notice that the
"buyer" has already left negative feedback, too: "Spams Newsgroups with items.
Wants positive feedback b/4 shipping. Idiot!"

--
Regards,

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 12:48:28 -0400, "jerryl"
wrote:

"Ray Turner" wrote in message
On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 12:14:18 +0000, -zero wrote:

eBay is a big yard sale in a rough neighborhood.

Never EVER buy from people with less than 98% positive feedback,
and a minimum of 50 transactions.

Friends don't let friends buy on Ebay - regardless of sellers feedback.

I've purchased many things on Ebay and never got stung. If the seller has a

I've bought about 14 things and only had trouble with 1.

I bought a CD copy of Open Office 1.1, an " MS Word" emulation that is
free, but I didn't have the time to do a download. I went with this
guy because he promised quick shipping. It took about 2 1/2 weeks,
and arrived long after I downloaded it.

I complained and he said if I didn't give him good feedback he'd give
me bad feedback even though I had paid immediately. He pointed out
that it would lower my percertage of good far more than his, since he
sold hundreds or thousands of things.

What difference does it make if a buyer has gotten good or bad
feedback? They have to sell to the highest bidder, and they don't
have to ship until I pay. They are bound by the ebay rules for the
first part and have no risk for the second part, and I'm sure they
know it.

But I still wanted to keep my percentage good at 100%, so I decided to
settle for a copy of his other CD, which had lots of freeware and
shareware on it, that he said was useful for debugging. Probably was
but it was poorly organized, had no index pretty much, and almost all
had to be installed before it could be used.

He had lots of excuses. Claimed the wild fires in California had
interfered, (but also said he shipped only a day or 2 later because of
that. Both his cd's came with a printed note, the same one, that
something had gone wrong so the shipping was delayed. I'm sure
everyone gets that.

good feedback score and has been on quite awhile, it's usually safe to buy.
I also pay by credit card just in case. Like everything else "Caveat Emptor"

AIUI, the founder of ebay thought everyone would be honest, but by now
they have been forced to hire 100's of lawyers to handle complaints
(and that only relates to the problems aboven above the level that
non-lawyers can handle.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

mm wrote in message ...

AIUI, the founder of ebay thought everyone would be honest, but by now
they have been forced to hire 100's of lawyers to handle complaints
(and that only relates to the problems aboven above the level that
non-lawyers can handle.)

Fortunately, I have had good luck with ebay the only time I used it. You
want to know how stupid I was? My first transaction, and I sent $300.00
to Bogota Columbia! Now that's dumb, but it did work out. Praise be.

Cheri

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

Just looked tonight, seller's feedback down to 66.7% Good call to whoever
pays enough attention to the group to notice the shilling..

--
Rick Nagy
3024 Somerset Pike

Remove nospam to email me

Be sure to check out my website at
http://www.rickscabinetshop.com

"Cindi" wrote:
Ran across a cordless saw on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem&rd=1&item=

This is your third try posting the same crap. You didn't "run across"
this,
you liar. You're shilling for the seller.

--
Regards,

Did you see the feedback on the seller? 77. I wouldn't buy a stick of
gum from him.

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

In article bMCXg.9239$ms1.875@trndny05, "Rick's Cabinet Shop" wrote:
Just looked tonight, seller's feedback down to 66.7% Good call to whoever
pays enough attention to the group to notice the shilling..

It was kinda hard to miss... Three times within a week or ten days, same items
from the same seller every time... not too hard to figure out. Check the
feedback comments -- I wasn't the only one who cottoned on to that.

--
Regards,

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 02:23:03 GMT, "Rick's Cabinet Shop"
wrote:

Just looked tonight, seller's feedback down to 66.7% Good call to whoever
pays enough attention to the group to notice the shilling..

I dont buy anything from Ebay. There are far too many crooks selling
garbage and by the time you pay the shipping you may as well go to a
store. Avoid Ebay. Problem solved......

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

this is a good, free tool to view negative, neutral, and withdrawn eBay
feedback for any user:

http://www.inetfeedback.com/ebay/

Doug Miller wrote:
In article .com, "foggytown" wrote:

This is getting even better. Some anal aperture with handle
"getting_even_with_spammers" (wonder who that might be?) bought it for
$19.99 - allegedly.

This is almost good enough to sell tickets to!

Well, it wasn't me... but I think it's a clever idea. I notice that the
"buyer" has already left negative feedback, too: "Spams Newsgroups with items.
Wants positive feedback b/4 shipping. Idiot!"

--
Regards,

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
ND ND is offline

"Cindi" wrote
Ran across a cordless saw on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=019

I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should
purchase it for $18.99

LOL......Spammer, you found out what happens when you don't play by eBay
rules.

You can't spam, extort feedback, & you didn't send the previous buyer for
the saw, his item. You didn't get the money you wanted first time around,
so you put it up there for me to buy.

No Longer A Registered User.........LOL