Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Dan is offline

Default Tubeless tire repair

My apologies if this is off topic. I could not find a spot to put it.

My problem is as follows. Some time back, I had purchased a Big Red
Wagon from Northern tools. It has 4 pneumatic tires and good load
capacity. Over the years, It has served me well.

The problem is that one of the pneumatic tires has gone flat, but
without a puncture. This has happened once over the winter time, and
after many attempts at trying to reinflate the tire, I gave up. I
bought a brand new one for $25 USD, but it strikes me that there must
be some way to reinflate the tire. It must have been done when
manufactured!!

As it is, I have a tubeless tire with a a broad gap across the tire to
the rim -- I cannot detemine a method to manipulate it so I can get the
air to stay in and for it to seal up against the hub. Anyone have an
idea? I would like to avoid buying a new tire again.

--dan

Posted to alt.home.repair

What I do is; tie a small noose in a rope and loop the rope through it,
then place the rope ring over the center of the tread & pull all the
slack I can to V the tread and force the bead onto the rim. It works
better if you have some way to hold the rim, like leaving it mounted.
This is a crude and imperfect way to do it, but so far 100% effective.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dan" writes:

My apologies if this is off topic. I could not find a spot to put it.

My problem is as follows. Some time back, I had purchased a Big Red
Wagon from Northern tools. It has 4 pneumatic tires and good load
capacity. Over the years, It has served me well.

The problem is that one of the pneumatic tires has gone flat

Don't forget to contact the manufacturer.

I had a tire go flat on a HD wheelbarrow.
I couldn't inflate it so I called the manufacturer.
They told me there is no way for a customer to reinflate
the tire, but the tires are guaranteed for life.
All I had to do is wait a few days for a new tire.
Posted to alt.home.repair

If you want to stay tubeless:
Force the tire beads toward the wheel rims by twisting a rope or
belt around the centerline of the tire.

Remove the Schraeder valve from the fill point to let more air in
faster.

Once you have the tire seated, replace Schraeder and give it a
dose of SLIME or equal.

If you don't care about tubeless, get in innertube, pull out the
valve core, reassemble and inflate.
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Dan" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dan wrote:
[...]

I had the same problem and fought with it for 2 days without success.
I took it down to a local tire shop and he had it fixed in a couple of
minutes and charged $5. Money well spent!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stubby" wrote in message
. ..
Has anyone tried the spray-in leak repair cans? One of my tractor tires
deflates over a month or so. I just want to seal it up.

I had a Murry mower that the rear tires kept going flat after sitting for a
while. Let the air out tuil they were almost empty. Used about half a can
in each tire, then mowed the yard. No more flats for several years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...

Dan wrote:
[...]

Agreed. BTDT with my hand truck. Some things just aren't worth screwing
with.

aem sends....

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dan wrote:
[...]

Anothe possible solution is to buy a tube. They don't leak as fast as
tubless tires. Northern Tools sells tubes that will fit your tubeless tire.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dan" wrote in news:1159739911.477838.180300
@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

[...]

It needs to be "strapped" while being inflated to keep the edge on the
rim.

Put a tube in it to avoid future strapping.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article .com,
Dan wrote:
[...]

Even a small tubeless tire like this or a wheel barrow tire is
difficult to get the bead seated on the rim & inflate without either a
really strong inrush of air, or somehow mechanically forcing the bead
into contact with the rim while inflating. I have had good results
using a ratcheting loading strap (the smaller 1" width for these small
tires, not a 2" strap) around the circumference of the tire, and
tighten it until the tire bead contacts the wheel rim on both sides.
using some soapy water on the bead will also help.
--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.
Larry Wasserman - Baltimore, Maryland -
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dan wrote:
[...]

Take it to a local tire shop. In a few minutes and for a few bucks it
will be fixed. Just did that with a wheelbarrow tire last year.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I had a similar problem with pneumatic tires on my snow plow. I bought
cans of "fix a flat" at an auto parts store. About two cans managed to
plug the hole and fix the flat.

Dan wrote:
My apologies if this is off topic. I could not find a spot to put it.

My problem is as follows. Some time back, I had purchased a Big Red
Wagon from Northern tools. It has 4 pneumatic tires and good load
capacity. Over the years, It has served me well.

The problem is that one of the pneumatic tires has gone flat, but
without a puncture. This has happened once over the winter time, and
after many attempts at trying to reinflate the tire, I gave up. I
bought a brand new one for $25 USD, but it strikes me that there must
be some way to reinflate the tire. It must have been done when
manufactured!!

As it is, I have a tubeless tire with a a broad gap across the tire to
the rim -- I cannot determine a method to manipulate it so I can get the
air to stay in and for it to seal up against the hub. Anyone have an
idea? I would like to avoid buying a new tire again.

--dan

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article . net,
"Ralph Mowery" wrote:

"Stubby" wrote in message
. ..
Has anyone tried the spray-in leak repair cans? One of my tractor tires
deflates over a month or so. I just want to seal it up.

I had a Murry mower that the rear tires kept going flat after sitting for a
while. Let the air out tuil they were almost empty. Used about half a can
in each tire, then mowed the yard. No more flats for several years.

Gempler sells a tire sealing goo that is far better than others I've
tried, especially on tractor tires.

--
Free men own guns - www.geocities/CapitolHill/5357/

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article YmXTg.4983$Rp3.3753@dukeread12,
"DanG" wrote:

If you want to stay tubeless:
Force the tire beads toward the wheel rims by twisting a rope or
belt around the centerline of the tire.

Another method that works well, especially with large tires, is to spray
in some either into the gap and threo a match in. The bead gets sealed
instantly enough to inflate normally

Remove the Schraeder valve from the fill point to let more air in
faster.

Once you have the tire seated, replace Schraeder and give it a
dose of SLIME or equal.

If you don't care about tubeless, get in innertube, pull out the
valve core, reassemble and inflate.

--
Free men own guns - www.geocities/CapitolHill/5357/
Posted to alt.home.repair

I just put pressure on the tire, alot of it leaks at first, but if you
have enough velocity it will eventualy force the walls to the sides and
seal the edges.

Empresser #124457

The best Games

Dan wrote:
[...]

Kenwood KA-5700 - Please help me repair / Hobby Repair / Blows Fuses Tony Heslington Electronics Repair 5 July 10th 06 02:34 PM
OT - Rotations of a low tire? Jeff Wisnia Metalworking 57 August 25th 05 04:27 AM
band saw tire darkon Woodworking 26 August 10th 05 04:51 PM
Jeep Cherokee Sport 1999 tire question! oktokie Home Repair 4 June 16th 04 07:27 PM
WTB Canadian Tire Money Mr.Fix It Woodworking 19 November 10th 03 01:21 PM