Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Off Topic .. Sorry .. Can't Resist

News of the Polk County, Florida, shooting of the cop-killer. Ten
officers surrounded the perpetrator, only nine of them fired. Total
rounds fired: 110. Number of bullets which hit perp: 68. What is wrong
with these guys? And why did only 9 of them fire weapons? I demand an
investigation.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Norminn wrote:
News of the Polk County, Florida, shooting of the cop-killer. Ten
officers surrounded the perpetrator, only nine of them fired. Total
rounds fired: 110. Number of bullets which hit perp: 68. What is
wrong with these guys?

After he was hit a couple of times he was flopping and became a moving
target

And why did only 9 of them fire weapons? I
demand an investigation.

Buck fever...

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Norminn wrote:
News of the Polk County, Florida, shooting of the cop-killer. Ten
officers surrounded the perpetrator, only nine of them fired. Total
rounds fired: 110. Number of bullets which hit perp: 68. What is wrong
with these guys? And why did only 9 of them fire weapons? I demand an
investigation.

You nor few others will agree with me but the reasoning behind all of
this lies much deeper than few realize. Due to the cold fact that they
to are also in the same boat , just in a different seat with a
different paddle. Ninety percent of what goes on today is performed by
either presnt or past drug addicts. Whos brains were fried (TV Add) and
they either don't have now or never recovered the ability to reason
sensibly. Yes they may have became drug free, but the effect the drugs
had on their stage of mentality has never been rationalized. This is my
observed opinion from being among drug addicts.
Once they use drugs they lose certain mental functions that are never
regained regardless of how long they remain drug free. In other words
they lose various brain functions It looks like only one may have been
really clean.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 13:10:45 GMT, Norminn
wrote:

News of the Polk County, Florida, shooting of the cop-killer. Ten
officers surrounded the perpetrator, only nine of them fired. Total
rounds fired: 110. Number of bullets which hit perp: 68. What is wrong
with these guys? And why did only 9 of them fire weapons? I demand an
investigation.

The cops arresting Rodney King were "batting out of turn". I suspect
these cops did not want to be accused of something similar. How did
they miss so many times?
--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Norminn" wrote in message
news
News of the Polk County, Florida, shooting of the cop-killer. Ten
officers surrounded the perpetrator, only nine of them fired. Total
rounds fired: 110. Number of bullets which hit perp: 68. What is wrong
with these guys? And why did only 9 of them fire weapons? I demand an
investigation.

majorities will bask in violence as long as violence is glamorized in any
given society

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jack wrote:
Norminn wrote:

[...]

Not to mention the poor screwed up kids they may have helped create
because of breeding after they had effed up their genetic material with
the drugs they were abusing.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Norminn wrote:
News of the Polk County, Florida, shooting of the cop-killer. Ten
officers surrounded the perpetrator, only nine of them fired. Total
rounds fired: 110. Number of bullets which hit perp: 68. What is
wrong with these guys? And why did only 9 of them fire weapons? I
demand an investigation.

In New York (1999), four officers fired 41 rounds at a mope not more than 15
feet away, hitting him only 19 times (46%).

This is why police officers (aside from Barney Fife) carry more than one
bullet.

It's also called "suppressive fire."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amadou_...hooting_victim)

Extensive investigations were held in the Diallo shooting (above), even a
trial. The four officers were acquitted and the US attorney declined to
press federal charges.

1,700 angry Muslims, blacks, and other assorted fools were arrested in the
protests over the shootings.

One study was done in Korea; as I recall, UN troops expended 6,000 rounds of
small arms ammunition for each "kill."

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

News of the Polk County, Florida, shooting of the cop-killer. Ten
officers surrounded the perpetrator, only nine of them fired. Total
rounds fired: 110. Number of bullets which hit perp: 68. What is wrong
with these guys? And why did only 9 of them fire weapons? I demand an
investigation.

The cops arresting Rodney King were "batting out of turn". I suspect
these cops did not want to be accused of something similar. How did
they miss so many times?

If they had him surrounded, they're lucky they didn't hit each other.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 07:12:42 -0700, Oren wrote:

The cops arresting Rodney King were "batting out of turn". I suspect
these cops did not want to be accused of something similar. How did
they miss so many times?

They fired at extremely long range - 10 feet.

Retired Shop Rat: 14,647 days in a GM plant.
Now I can do what I enjoy: Large Format Photography

Web Site: www.destarr.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote in
:

wrote:

News of the Polk County, Florida, shooting of the cop-killer. Ten
officers surrounded the perpetrator, only nine of them fired. Total
rounds fired: 110. Number of bullets which hit perp: 68. What is
wrong with these guys? And why did only 9 of them fire weapons? I
demand an investigation.

The cops arresting Rodney King were "batting out of turn". I suspect
these cops did not want to be accused of something similar. How did
they miss so many times?

Well,their score was better than the NYPD in Amadou Diallo's case.
IIRC,that was 19 hits out of 40 rounds fired.

BTW,people do not drop dead immediately after being shot with the first
round.(unless it's a head shot)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

mm wrote in
:

wrote:

News of the Polk County, Florida, shooting of the cop-killer. Ten
officers surrounded the perpetrator, only nine of them fired. Total
rounds fired: 110. Number of bullets which hit perp: 68. What is
wrong with these guys? And why did only 9 of them fire weapons? I
demand an investigation.

The cops arresting Rodney King were "batting out of turn". I suspect
these cops did not want to be accused of something similar. How did
they miss so many times?

Because he was partially concealed.

If they had him surrounded, they're lucky they didn't hit each other.

Perhaps that's why only NINE of them fired their weapons?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

"bill allemann" wrote in
m:

More felony persuits need to be handled like this.

"Norminn" wrote in message
news
News of the Polk County, Florida, shooting of the cop-killer. Ten
officers surrounded the perpetrator, only nine of them fired. Total
rounds fired: 110. Number of bullets which hit perp: 68. What is
wrong with these guys? And why did only 9 of them fire weapons? I
demand an investigation.

Now you're going to anger the "protect the criminals" crowd.(liberals)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

Norminn wrote in news7PTg.8480$UG4.3583
@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

News of the Polk County, Florida, shooting of the cop-killer. Ten
officers surrounded the perpetrator, only nine of them fired. Total
rounds fired: 110. Number of bullets which hit perp: 68. What is wrong
with these guys? And why did only 9 of them fire weapons? I demand an
investigation.

And why did only 9 of them fire weapons?

10th was eating popcorn watching the show?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

News of the Polk County, Florida, shooting of the cop-killer. Ten
officers surrounded the perpetrator, only nine of them fired. Total
rounds fired: 110. Number of bullets which hit perp: 68. What is wrong
with these guys? And why did only 9 of them fire weapons? I demand an
investigation.

As I underestand it, getting better than 50% hits is fairly unusual.

I'm more confused about how you get 110 rounds out of 9 weapons...
Somebody had time to re-load?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Goedjn wrote in
:

wrote:

News of the Polk County, Florida, shooting of the cop-killer. Ten
officers surrounded the perpetrator, only nine of them fired. Total
rounds fired: 110. Number of bullets which hit perp: 68. What is wrong
with these guys? And why did only 9 of them fire weapons? I demand an
investigation.

The murderer was partially hidden under a fallen tree trunk,where he had
dug in and covered himself with brush.

As I underestand it, getting better than 50% hits is fairly unusual.

I'm more confused about how you get 110 rounds out of 9 weapons...
Somebody had time to re-load?

9 guns/110 rounds is only 12.222 rounds per gun.
Most police semi-auto pistols have ~15 round mags.(double-stack)
(it used to be that only us civilians were restricted to only 10 round mags
under Clinton's 1994 Assault Rifle Ban;police were excepted from that.)

Consider that the police were also armed with AR-15s with 20 or 30 round
magazines.(also police HK-MP5 machine pistols have 30 rnd mags)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

News of the Polk County, Florida, shooting of the cop-killer. Ten
officers surrounded the perpetrator, only nine of them fired. Total
rounds fired: 110. Number of bullets which hit perp: 68. What is wrong
with these guys? And why did only 9 of them fire weapons? I demand an
investigation.

As I underestand it, getting better than 50% hits is fairly unusual.

I'm more confused about how you get 110 rounds out of 9 weapons...
Somebody had time to re-load?

Here is what the sheriff said:

"I suspect the only reason 110 rounds was all that was fired was
that's all the ammunition they had," Judd said.

http://wokv.com/common/ap/2006/10/01/D8KFIRPO0.html

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

News of the Polk County, Florida, shooting of the cop-killer. Ten
officers surrounded the perpetrator, only nine of them fired. Total
rounds fired: 110. Number of bullets which hit perp: 68. What is
wrong with these guys? And why did only 9 of them fire weapons? I
demand an investigation.

As I underestand it, getting better than 50% hits is fairly unusual.

I'm more confused about how you get 110 rounds out of 9 weapons...
Somebody had time to re-load?

That's only 12+ rounds per weapon. 15-round magazines are common. I have
33-round magazines for my Glock-9mm.

Reloading taks no more than two seconds.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Al Bundy wrote:

Norminn wrote in news7PTg.8480$UG4.3583
@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

News of the Polk County, Florida, shooting of the cop-killer. Ten
officers surrounded the perpetrator, only nine of them fired. Total
rounds fired: 110. Number of bullets which hit perp: 68. What is wrong
with these guys? And why did only 9 of them fire weapons? I demand an
investigation.

And why did only 9 of them fire weapons?

10th was eating popcorn watching the show?

They were POLICE, they were eating donuts

--
Free men own guns - www.geocities/CapitolHill/5357/
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
David Starr wrote:

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 07:12:42 -0700, Oren wrote:

The cops arresting Rodney King were "batting out of turn". I suspect
these cops did not want to be accused of something similar. How did
they miss so many times?

They fired at extremely long range - 10 feet.

Wow, that is long range (for cops). No wonder they had so many hits

--
Free men own guns - www.geocities/CapitolHill/5357/

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
mm wrote:

If they had him surrounded, they're lucky they didn't hit each other.

They were so close they were shooting down so the misses hit the dirt,
\

--
Free men own guns - www.geocities/CapitolHill/5357/
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nick Hull wrote in
:

In article ,
Al Bundy wrote:

Norminn wrote in news7PTg.8480$UG4.3583
@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

News of the Polk County, Florida, shooting of the cop-killer. Ten
officers surrounded the perpetrator, only nine of them fired.
Total rounds fired: 110. Number of bullets which hit perp: 68.
What is wrong with these guys? And why did only 9 of them fire
weapons? I demand an investigation.

And why did only 9 of them fire weapons?

10th was eating popcorn watching the show?

They were POLICE, they were eating donuts

Silly me. Of course, you are right!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

the last guy probably jammed his weapon, and was unjamming it while the
others finsihed the job.

Empresser #124457

The best Games