Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can I Replace All My Fuses WIth Time Delay Fuses?

The odd time when I do a renovation I large power tool blows a fuse on
start up. Given that Time delay fuses are the same price at regular
fuses, would there be any problem in using time delay fuses exclusively
in my fuse box?

Posted to alt.home.repair

If your talking about the screw in glass type your better off buying
mini breakers, they screw in like fuses, when they trip a small button
pops out, just push to reset.

being its a breaker it has auto time delay built in.

I used them exclusively before upgrading to breakers years ago.

not as cheap as fuses but way more convenient....

you really need to plan on replacing your service, if you attempt to
sell your home it will be a BIG issue......

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...

you really need to plan on replacing your service, if you attempt to
sell your home it will be a BIG issue......

Nothing unsafe about fuses IF the correct sizes are used, and the service is
sufficient for the needs of the house...

Of course, a modern breaker panel with larger service is always going to be
a better selling point. But a proper fuse panel shouldn't be a dealbreaker,
unless you have strange local regs, or a really picky/paranoid buyer...

-Tim

Posted to alt.home.repair

Of course, a modern breaker panel with larger service is always going to be
a better selling point. But a proper fuse panel shouldn't be a dealbreaker,
unless you have strange local regs, or a really picky/paranoid buyer...

-Tim

obviously you havent sold a home recently, buyers now demand perfection
or large price cuts.

things like demanding GFCIs in a 50 year old home.......

Hey lets get a estimate to bring this all up to current code and just
deduct from purchase price

Posted to alt.home.repair

RBM wrote:
No

wrote in message
ps.com...

The odd time when I do a renovation I large power tool blows a fuse on
start up. Given that Time delay fuses are the same price at regular
fuses, would there be any problem in using time delay fuses exclusively
in my fuse box?

What is the problem using time delay fuses?

bud--

Posted to alt.home.repair

RBM wrote:
There isn't one!!!

Take a look at:

http://homerepair.about.com/od/elect...se_types_4.htm

"Bud--" wrote in message
RBM wrote:
No

ps.com...

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

RBM wrote:
I'm missing your point

I guess I can believe that.

RBM wrote:
There isn't one!!!

Take a look at:

http://homerepair.about.com/od/elect...se_types_4.htm

"Bud--" wrote in message
RBM wrote:
No

wrote in message
ps.com...

The odd time when I do a renovation I large power tool blows a
fuse on start up. Given that Time delay fuses are the same price
at regular fuses, would there be any problem in using time delay
fuses exclusively in my fuse box?

What is the problem using time delay fuses?

bud--

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Bud-- wrote:
RBM wrote:

No

wrote in message
ps.com...

The odd time when I do a renovation I large power tool blows a fuse on
start up. Given that Time delay fuses are the same price at regular
fuses, would there be any problem in using time delay fuses exclusively
in my fuse box?

What is the problem using time delay fuses?

bud--

Who said there was a problem?

Posted to alt.home.repair

RBM wrote:
There isn't one!!!

Sorry, I read your answer opposite of what you said.

bud--
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bud-- wrote:
RBM wrote:
There isn't one!!!

Sorry, I read your answer opposite of what you said.

bud--

I think we both did.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

note all circuit breakers for homes are designed as time delay......

Posted to alt.home.repair

obviously you havent sold a home recently, buyers now demand
perfection or large price cuts.

things like demanding GFCIs in a 50 year old home.......

Hey lets get a estimate to bring this all up to current code and just
deduct from purchase price

No...more likely it sounds like you're either guessing or have had ONE
experience lately.

no I sold a home nearly 2 years ago......

lots of friends report the same issues, primarily driven by the home
inspection industry.

just go ask a realtor who is selling homes today.....

realtor say they sell homes twice initially then after inspection

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
no I sold a home nearly 2 years ago......

lots of friends report the same issues, primarily driven by the home
inspection industry.

just go ask a realtor who is selling homes today.....

realtor say they sell homes twice initially then after inspection

Really depends on the market. 5 years ago a buyer couldn't demand anything,
as there were 8 other buyers waiting with offers, sometimes even higher ones
than the asking price. Today things have cooled down considerably and
there's more homes than buyers in many markets...

I was fortunate to have sold 4 years ago during the "seller's market".
Unfortunately I also had to buy during that period, and the seller woudn't
budge on any of the issues we brought up -- and they were a lot more
significant than a perfectly-safe fuse panel...

-Tim

Do time delay fuses control power in the house? [email protected] Home Repair 15 August 11th 06 04:35 PM
Major house renovation xrongor Home Repair 2 October 15th 04 02:16 AM
OT-John Kerry Gunner Metalworking 137 February 11th 04 08:38 PM
Making a ruin into something habitable. Liz UK diy 140 August 12th 03 01:03 PM