Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How much does it cost to pay someone to lay concrete.

I have an 8x10 concrete slab right now, how much would it cost to pay
someone to extend it to an 12x12 slab? I would only have to add 2ft on
two sides and 4 feet on the other, 4th side is against hte house.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"jtumis" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an 8x10 concrete slab right now, how much would it cost to pay
someone to extend it to an 12x12 slab? I would only have to add 2ft on
two sides and 4 feet on the other, 4th side is against hte house.

Questions like this are best answered by calling several reputable concrete
contractors in your area and asking for an estimate. It's free, and there's
really no other good way to find out.

-Tim

Posted to alt.home.repair

"jtumis" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an 8x10 concrete slab right now, how much would it cost to pay
someone to extend it to an 12x12 slab? I would only have to add 2ft on
two sides and 4 feet on the other, 4th side is against hte house.

you don't mention the thickness of the slab, so no way to estimate the cost

it may be hard to find a concrete contractor who wants a job that small
(i.e. 64 sq ft, thickness unknown)

considering the small size of the addition, have you considered doing it
yourself?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"nowforsale" wrote in message
it may be hard to find a concrete contractor who wants a job that small
(i.e. 64 sq ft, thickness unknown)

I'm sure someone will do it. It just might be less than a "minimum job
charge" of some sort, so you'll end up paying more per square ft. that
average...

-Tim

Posted to alt.home.repair

dependant on where you are, what time of year it is, how far you are
from the mixing company, and for a small job like this, wether or not
your contractor can add the mix into another job. for our flatwork we
paid $2 / square foot but there was no removal, the guy did it one day
on his way home from work, and he scheduled our mixes with much larger
jobs. Oh and we live about 3/4 of a mile from the mixing company (the
place with the trucks).

Empresser #124457

The best Games