Toilet - partial flush problem

Old September 29th 06, 08:33 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet - partial flush problem

The flapper in my toilet tank falls back into its resting position
about halfway through the flush and prevents the tank from emptying
completely.

The flapper is attached to the overflow pipe by two flexible "legs",
it's made of rubber and its centre consists of a hollow cone of rigid
plastic with a hole in it.

Can anyone offer advice on how I can get the tank to empty completely?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Darro
Old September 29th 06, 09:12 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
The flapper in my toilet tank falls back into its resting position
about halfway through the flush and prevents the tank from emptying
completely.

The flapper is attached to the overflow pipe by two flexible "legs",
it's made of rubber and its centre consists of a hollow cone of rigid
plastic with a hole in it.

Can anyone offer advice on how I can get the tank to empty completely?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Darro

It is a design feature for conserving water. If you let go of the handle,
you get a partial flush that is sufficient for an all liquid flush.
If you have a heavy load, hold the handle down to get a full flush.

Charlie

Old September 30th 06, 12:25 AM posted to alt.home.repair

I bought a brand new toilet and the same thing is happening....not a
big deal I suppose but it gets on my nerves and guests don't know
what's happening so I shout thru the door...HOLD DOWN THE
HANDLE....annoying....I sized it up and I don't know that a new flapper
will do anything to fix it.

Toilet flush connector Puddin' Man Home Repair 9 March 1st 05 02:28 PM
Toilet Cistern Problem can anyone help ? Frustrated UK diy 1 December 4th 04 09:20 PM
Can you get an 'S' shaped Flush Pipe for toilet? DIY Novice UK diy 4 September 2nd 04 03:07 PM
Lazy toilet flush tflfb Home Repair 2 July 8th 04 01:53 AM
toilet makes other toilet flush Spitfire 1500 Home Repair 3 June 7th 04 03:28 AM