Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Briggs & Stratton Engine question.

I need to replace the 6.5 hp engine on a fairly new Sears mower and
have found relatively inexpensive sources for engines on the Internet
but I need to know the engine model number. Does anyone happen to know
where one would begin to look for the model number? That is, would it
be on the engine itself or need I hunt down a manual or contact Sears?

Posted to alt.home.repair

2ndKnight wrote:
I need to replace the 6.5 hp engine on a fairly new Sears mower and
have found relatively inexpensive sources for engines on the Internet
but I need to know the engine model number. Does anyone happen to know
where one would begin to look for the model number? That is, would it
be on the engine itself or need I hunt down a manual or contact Sears?

This link should help

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/dis...sp?DocID=81275

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 21 Sep 2006 12:07:39 -0700, "2ndKnight"
wrote:

I need to replace the 6.5 hp engine on a fairly new Sears mower and
have found relatively inexpensive sources for engines on the Internet
but I need to know the engine model number. Does anyone happen to know
where one would begin to look for the model number? That is, would it
be on the engine itself or need I hunt down a manual or contact Sears?

when I replaced my engine on my push mower, all I did was make sure
the bolt patterns were the same. I even upgraded my engine from a 5
to a 6.5.

now the mounting bolts holes are not threaded, so be prepared to use
some muscle when cutting the new threads with the original bolts.

try www.jackssmallengines.com good service and good prices, that's
where I got my new 6.5 HP B&S.