Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Window does not stay up

Hello,

I have a problem with my sliding windows. One night I pushed them down
hard and heard a click. After that I have problems in keeping them up.
I try to keep them up, however it comes down automatically. I know
something's broken, or not in its right place, unfortunately, I'm not
sure what it is. Can I remove the window completely and then put it
back in. I know you can clean them by pulling them inside at an angle,
however is that the way to also totally remove them, and if so, then is
it a problem to put it back in? Please help. I'm new at this! Any help
would be appreciated.

Thank you

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

A spring or counterbalence broke. Are they name brand windows? Look
closely for faint etching in the glass or frame to try to figure out who
made them.

"snalion" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I have a problem with my sliding windows. One night I pushed them down
hard and heard a click. After that I have problems in keeping them up.
I try to keep them up, however it comes down automatically. I know
something's broken, or not in its right place, unfortunately, I'm not
sure what it is. Can I remove the window completely and then put it
back in. I know you can clean them by pulling them inside at an angle,
however is that the way to also totally remove them, and if so, then is
it a problem to put it back in? Please help. I'm new at this! Any help
would be appreciated.

Thank you

Posted to alt.home.repair

snalion wrote:
Hello,

I have a problem with my sliding windows. One night I pushed them down
hard and heard a click. After that I have problems in keeping them up.
I try to keep them up, however it comes down automatically. I know
something's broken, or not in its right place, unfortunately, I'm not
sure what it is. Can I remove the window completely and then put it
back in. I know you can clean them by pulling them inside at an angle,
however is that the way to also totally remove them, and if so, then is
it a problem to put it back in? Please help. I'm new at this! Any help
would be appreciated.

Thank you

Without a doubt you broke thw counter balancing
mechanism, a sprimg or weight set up tha is usually
inside the window frame Which to get to you have
to remove the entire window as a rule.. Not an
easy thing to fix.

Posted to alt.home.repair

widnws are held up by 3 different methods, counterbalance
weights/springs, fricion clamps, or positioning latches. you don't have
positioning latched, so either it's the spring/counterbalance or it's
the friction grippers on the edges. depending on what sort of window
you have.

Empressess #124457

The best Games