Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lay-Z-boy recliner foot mechanism chair is stuck in up position

Our Lay-Z-boy recliner, which is extra-tall, and made in Monroe,
Michigan, is stuck in the upright position. I mean the foot mechanism
will not got down. I have turned the chair on its side and have looked
and looked and can't find where it it stuck at. Has this every happened
to anyone? Any idea what usually goes wrong in these cases? I have
called Lay-Z-boy and did not a definitive solution. So our Lay-Z-boy
remains in the up position all the time, which is very difficult to get
in and out of. The extension part for the extra length is okay, that
part does retract, but still can't put the chair mechanism down.
Thanks! John

Posted to alt.home.repair

This post surprised me. I just had the same problem. Amazingly I
sprayed WD40 everywhere underneath and it has worked fine ever since.
Try it.

Jethro.
Posted to alt.home.repair

If the WD40 doesn't fix it, you can always try duck tape :)

Not sure if your chair is anything like mine, but if you can't see
anything stuck the problem is probably elecrical, not mechanical. The
remote is the first thing that comes to mind: the button that moves the
leg rest could be dirty or malfunctioning.

Does the leg rest part even tries to move? If yes, then something could
be actually stuck, but if doesn't I would check the electrical
connections underneath. Mine has a couple of wires that can be
unplugged or worse cut off if caught in between metal.

Hope this helps some. BTW shame on Lay-Z-boy for leaving you hanging .
They should do and know better. Good luck

wrote
Our Lay-Z-boy recliner, which is extra-tall, and made in Monroe,
Michigan, is stuck in the upright position. I mean the foot mechanism
will not got down. I have turned the chair on its side and have looked
and looked and can't find where it it stuck at. Has this every happened
to anyone? Any idea what usually goes wrong in these cases? I have
called Lay-Z-boy and did not a definitive solution. So our Lay-Z-boy
remains in the up position all the time, which is very difficult to get
in and out of. The extension part for the extra length is okay, that
part does retract, but still can't put the chair mechanism down.
Thanks! John

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jethro wrote in
:

This post surprised me. I just had the same problem. Amazingly I
sprayed WD40 everywhere underneath and it has worked fine ever since.
Try it.

Jethro.

Must be nice sitting in it eating a sandwich. Like clearance scented
candles :-)

Better stick to stinky lunchmeat or garlic spam for a while.
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
Isn't the mechansim guaranteed forever?

So the salesman will say over and over, but when you make a claim they will
tell you it is only for manufacturing defects, not for wear ----- useless
warranty, all hype with no protection.

wrote in message
ps.com...
Our Lay-Z-boy recliner, which is extra-tall, and made in Monroe,
Michigan, is stuck in the upright position. I mean the foot mechanism
will not got down. I have turned the chair on its side and have looked
and looked and can't find where it it stuck at. Has this every happened
to anyone? Any idea what usually goes wrong in these cases? I have
called Lay-Z-boy and did not a definitive solution. So our Lay-Z-boy
remains in the up position all the time, which is very difficult to get
in and out of. The extension part for the extra length is okay, that
part does retract, but still can't put the chair mechanism down.
Thanks! John

Posted to alt.home.repair

It happened to me ...it was a little wire about 8 inches long connecting two
pieces together we went to a furniture store where we bought our sofa and
the saleman gave us a new one from a supply he keeps on hand. Hope this
helps...

CathyLee

"EXT" wrote in message
anews.com...

"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
Isn't the mechansim guaranteed forever?

So the salesman will say over and over, but when you make a claim they
will tell you it is only for manufacturing defects, not for wear -----
useless warranty, all hype with no protection.

wrote in message
ps.com...
Our Lay-Z-boy recliner, which is extra-tall, and made in Monroe,
Michigan, is stuck in the upright position. I mean the foot mechanism
will not got down. I have turned the chair on its side and have looked
and looked and can't find where it it stuck at. Has this every happened
to anyone? Any idea what usually goes wrong in these cases? I have
called Lay-Z-boy and did not a definitive solution. So our Lay-Z-boy
remains in the up position all the time, which is very difficult to get
in and out of. The extension part for the extra length is okay, that
part does retract, but still can't put the chair mechanism down.
Thanks! John

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to CathyLee, dls wrote:
Amazing! WD-40 really works. My husband didn't believe me when I said to try
this method, but sure enough it worked!

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...it-146974-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/07/2016 08:44 AM, dls wrote:
replying to CathyLee, dls wrote:
Amazing! WD-40 really works. My husband didn't believe me when I said to try
this method, but sure enough it worked!

You go, girl! It's all about women being right!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/7/2016 11:06 AM, Hildabeast wrote:
On 05/07/2016 08:44 AM, dls wrote:
replying to CathyLee, dls wrote:
Amazing! WD-40 really works. My husband didn't believe me when I
said to try
this method, but sure enough it worked!

You go, girl! It's all about women being right!

You showed that stuck up chair a thing or two.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/7/2016 11:06 AM, Hildabeast wrote:
On 05/07/2016 08:44 AM, dls wrote:
replying to CathyLee, dls wrote:
Amazing! WD-40 really works. My husband didn't believe me when I
said to try
this method, but sure enough it worked!

You go, girl! It's all about women being right!

"Woman show man how to put his foot (rest) down".

Should be headlines all across the nation.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/7/2016 10:44 AM, dls wrote:
replying to CathyLee, dls wrote:
Amazing! WD-40 really works. My husband didn't believe me when I said
to try
this method, but sure enough it worked!

Is that what you use if you have an erection lasting more than four hours?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/7/2016 10:44 AM, dls wrote:
replying to CathyLee, dls wrote:
Amazing! WD-40 really works. My husband didn't believe
me when I
said to try
this method, but sure enough it worked!

Is that what you use if you have an erection lasting more
than four
hours?

No....you use a picture of Hillary : )

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 7 May 2016 17:31:58 -0500, "ChairMan"
wrote:

Is that what you use if you have an erection lasting more
than four
hours?

No....you use a picture of Hillary : )

....like a sore dick, you just can't beat it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

groups.j.. :

Does this chair have a handle on one side? Go into maximum
recline, and with your hand on the handle try to come up,
pushing the handle while leaning forward. Got many an old
one to return to upright at the second hand stores this way.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/7/2016 6:31 PM, ChairMan wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/7/2016 10:44 AM, dls wrote:
replying to CathyLee, dls wrote:
Amazing! WD-40 really works. My husband didn't believe
me when I
said to try
this method, but sure enough it worked!

Is that what you use if you have an erection lasting more
than four
hours?

No....you use a picture of Hillary : )

If your arthritis persists, do you rub in
some Ben Ghazi?

It was a long time ago. What difference,
after all, does it make?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Is that what you use if you have an erection lasting more
than four
hours?

No....you use a picture of Hillary : )

...like a sore dick, you just can't beat it.

Does this all have a point?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Is that what you use if you have an erection lasting more
than four
hours?

No....you use a picture of Hillary : )

...like a sore dick, you just can't beat it.

I bought a FitBit to track my exercise. Masturbated 4 miles today.
Posted to alt.home.repair

This thread: https://wrinkletime.files.wordpress....picture016.gif

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Is that what you use if you have an erection lasting more
than four
hours?

No....you use a picture of Hillary : )

...like a sore dick, you just can't beat it.

I bought a FitBit to track my exercise. Masturbated 4 miles today.

That must've got your circulation flowing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote: "- show quoted text -
That must've got your circulation flowing. "

Let's try to troubleshoot this guy's chair
now that we've gone on as many tangents
as there are participants here.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mod mod is offline

On 05/08/2016 05:25 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

As for me, we have too much rudeness, and sexual
inuendo. We must promptly come to attention, and
help some jerk off this list.

LOL! Well, the OP posted from HomoMoanersChub.com.

What did you expect? ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Is that what you use if you have an erection lasting
more
than four
hours?

No....you use a picture of Hillary : )

...like a sore dick, you just can't beat it.

lets hope someone beats hillary

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/8/2016 10:18 AM, mod wrote:
On 05/08/2016 05:25 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

As for me, we have too much rudeness, and sexual
inuendo. We must promptly come to attention, and
help some jerk off this list.

LOL! Well, the OP posted from HomoMoanersChub.com.

What did you expect? ;-)

Have to make an example dot com of him or her.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

wrote:

Is that what you use if you have an erection lasting more
than four
hours?

No....you use a picture of Hillary : )

...like a sore dick, you just can't beat it.

I bought a FitBit to track my exercise. Masturbated 4 miles today.

WOW you beat us.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 10 May 2016 05:13:42 -0700 (PDT), TimR
wrote:

WD-40 fixed it?

Well, as WD-40 is ONLY a water displacer, clearly the recliner must have been wet.

It was wet, because you ****ed on it while you were asleep.

Try to avoid getting it wet in the future and you'll be fine.

A "Depends" diaper will solve all of this.......

Posted to alt.home.repair

WD-40 fixed it?

Well, as WD-40 is ONLY a water displacer, clearly the recliner must have been wet.

Try to avoid getting it wet in the future and you'll be fine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to groups.johnsmith, Rick O wrote:
Lubrication fixed the problem. To avoid the smell of WD40, I used Pledge
spray wax, and it worked immediately. Pledge & similar spray wax also work
great for lubricating door hinges, etc.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...it-146974-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, January 9, 2017 at 6:14:06 AM UTC-6, Rick O wrote:

replying to groups.johnsmith, Rick O wrote:
Lubrication fixed the problem. To avoid the smell of WD40, I used Pledge
spray wax, and it worked immediately. Pledge & similar spray wax also work
great for lubricating door hinges, etc.

for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...it-146974-.htm

I knew as soon as I opened this post and saw the original date
of SEPTEMBER 2006 it had to be one of those dummies from Home
Moaners.

Psst: John Smith got so ****ed at his recliner he drug it out
side and set fire to it. He has since replaced annoying
recliner.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Rick O, DavidinFLL wrote:
Used WD40 on the ratchet assembly and it worked like a charm! For how long, I
don't know, but for now it works!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...it-146974-.htm