Posted to alt.home.repair

Default portable dishwasher

I just purchashed a used portable dishwasher and am very exciting to
use it. Small problem though, we have a nice faucet with a built in
sprayer. I am unable to attach the adapter part to the faucet because
the threading is not long enough to grab on to the faucet. The
threading in the faucet is pushed back a little. The faucet was quite
expensive and I dont want to get rid of it but I cant seem to find the
proper adapter for this faucet. Anyone have any advice.
Hope this email makes sense

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just purchashed a used portable dishwasher and am very exciting to
use it. Small problem though, we have a nice faucet with a built in
sprayer. I am unable to attach the adapter part to the faucet because
the threading is not long enough to grab on to the faucet. The
threading in the faucet is pushed back a little. The faucet was quite
expensive and I dont want to get rid of it but I cant seem to find the
proper adapter for this faucet. Anyone have any advice.
Hope this email makes sense

Good chance the manufacturer of the faucet has a customer service help line.
Ask them about using standard adapters on their faucets. While most do
follow some standard of compatibility, they may not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Be careful hooking a portable washer to a faucet w/pull-out sprayer. I
have one of those, I love it but the sprayer supply line has only a
little o-ring sealing it. It isn't made to take full water pressure
with no flow, like when a dishwasher is hooked up. In my particular
faucet, the water goes into the mixer valve, then goes out to the
faucet. When the water is turned off, that o-ring has no water
pressure on it.

My faucet specifically states not to use portable dishwashers, and I
am betting that's the reason. You might want to check with the mfg to
be sure your faucet can handle a dishwasher hookup.

My solution was to use a nearby bathroom sink, just a few feet away
(very small house, bathroom is off kitchen)

portable dishwasher werner Home Repair 2 September 10th 06 02:49 AM
Black Walnut Question tdstr Woodworking 19 April 12th 06 09:42 PM
Attaching a portable dishwasher to the sink [email protected] Home Repair 3 January 11th 06 04:08 AM
Convert a built-in dishwasher to a portable? Fat Bastard Home Ownership 2 March 23rd 04 08:22 PM
Howto Extend a portable dishwasher water snap-lock water supply line Jim Helfer Home Repair 5 March 9th 04 04:10 AM