tankless water heater in attic

Old September 17th 06, 03:41 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default tankless water heater in attic

I am installing a bosch tankless water heater in the attic and I need
to have a plumber rerun some gas lines. The question is this...The
existing gas line comes in under the house in the crawl space and gets
split to oven, water heater and, furnace. It seems like it would be a
good idea to have the plumber take the 11/4' pipe under the house
straight up to the attice and then split the the appliances. the only
thing I question is if it is ok to take the gas pipe to the oven down
the exterior wall. Basicly this will put all of the gas up in the
attic. It seem like it would be safer. Any opinions are appriciated.

Old September 17th 06, 04:26 PM posted to alt.home.repair

replumbing the whole house could be expensive. not sure of you local
codes, but in Michigan the use of flexable gas lines is now the norm.
It would be cheapes to install a 4 way tistead of the tee, or add a tee
at one of the aplliances and run a flex gas line to the new tankless.

Empressess #124457

The best Games

Old September 17th 06, 05:15 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Remolding Fool wrote:
I am installing a bosch tankless water heater in the attic and I need
to have a plumber rerun some gas lines. The question is this...The
existing gas line comes in under the house in the crawl space and gets
split to oven, water heater and, furnace. It seems like it would be a
good idea to have the plumber take the 11/4' pipe under the house
straight up to the attice and then split the the appliances. the only
thing I question is if it is ok to take the gas pipe to the oven down
the exterior wall. Basicly this will put all of the gas up in the
attic. It seem like it would be safer. Any opinions are appriciated.

Never did much care for plumbing running thru attic spaces.....

Old September 17th 06, 07:42 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Remolding Fool wrote:

I am installing a bosch tankless water heater in the attic and I need
to have a plumber rerun some gas lines. The question is this...The
existing gas line comes in under the house in the crawl space and gets
split to oven, water heater and, furnace. It seems like it would be a
good idea to have the plumber take the 11/4' pipe under the house
straight up to the attice and then split the the appliances. the only
thing I question is if it is ok to take the gas pipe to the oven down
the exterior wall. Basicly this will put all of the gas up in the
attic. It seem like it would be safer. Any opinions are appriciated.

Never did much care for plumbing running thru attic spaces.....

You may not care for it, but it is the NORM in areas that cannot have
basements.

Gas for my furnace, hot water, and dryer all run INTO THE ATTIC and
split off in iron pipe to the destination.

All water is up there too. Routing water or natural gas THRU concrete
slabs is an open invitation to DISASTER here. Slabs move, ground
shifts, and BOOM, FLOOD or EXPLOSION!!!!

Anywhere that the predominate ground soil is heavy clay will have this
problem. Swimming pools MUST be filled year round else the
expansion/contraction of the soil as it seasonally gets wet then dries
out will either push the pool UP out of the ground, OR will CRUSH it.

I would say to check with the utility company to make sure that the
meter is rated to deliver gas at the pressure and volume that a whole
house gas tankless will need. You may need a dedicated circuit from the
meter to the heater.

water heater saga Nonnymus Home Repair 2 June 19th 06 01:34 AM
water cooler, water coolers, water dispenser, water dispensers,bottleless water cooler,bottleless water coolers,bottleless water dispenser,bottleless water dispensers water coolers UK diy 3 January 5th 06 09:23 PM
Water heater in series to use as storage tank ... good or bad? Fred Home Repair 12 January 29th 05 02:38 PM
NO MORE hot water problems [email protected] Home Repair 9 January 29th 04 07:15 PM
Cost to install gas hot water heater Walleye Home Ownership 8 September 10th 03 04:20 AM