Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Frigidaire Thermostat Problems

A year or so ago I pulled the thermostat housing and air duct off the
ceiling of my Frigidaire top freezer refrigerator. The temp probe is about
18" long and is routed to the back of the refer, down under the air ducts,
then back up into the housing. It's in a plastic jacket tube, I disturbed it
last year while tracking a water drip and the refer has NEVER gotten cold
enough since then. With the thermostat setting at full cold it's still in
the mid 40s. Changing the air flow control in the freezer section makes no
difference.

So, I just bought a new thermostat believing the old one bad. No change!!??

Do I have the probe routed wrong? Should the end be covered or uncovered?
Does it stick into the styrofoam air channeling stuff?
What the hey?

Thanks for any clues!

Dave