Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is my Lady Kenmore on drugs or what?

I have a Lady Kenmore gas cooking stove. I bought it at a garage
sale. It seemed to work perfect when I first got it, but a few weeks
later the ignitor for the top burners seemed to stop clicking on all 4
burners. I checked all the visible wires under the burners. (Now
where the hell they hide the control box for this thing still amazes
me).

OK, I could not get it to work, and was not willing to spend a fortune
for repairing a stove that cost me $30. A 99 cent Bic lighter works
just fine, as well as a sparker for a propane torch.

But here's the weird part. I swear this stove is on drugs or
something. First off, the controls are backwards. Every stove I have
ever used turns starts with a small flame and the further I turn to
the left, the bigger the flame gets. Well, this stove starts out with
a huge flame and the further I torn to the left the smaller it gets.
OK, thats weird enough, but this is the ultimate in weirdness.
When I turn on a burner, I DO NOT hear that click click click. I use
my lighter and light the stove. As soon as there is flame on the
burner, it starts going click click click........ WTF ??????????

Can anyone make any sense of this goofy stove?
Hopefully there is an appliance repair person online.....

Mark
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 01:47:31 -0500, wrote:

I have a Lady Kenmore gas cooking stove. I bought it at a garage
sale. It seemed to work perfect when I first got it, but a few weeks
later the ignitor for the top burners seemed to stop clicking on all 4
burners. I checked all the visible wires under the burners. (Now
where the hell they hide the control box for this thing still amazes
me).

That's the gimmick at garage sales these days. They sell you the
stove, but keep back the control box. When you're hooked on the
stove, and have given away your old stove, he disables you.

OK, I could not get it to work, and was not willing to spend a fortune
for repairing a stove that cost me $30.

Not the right attitude. Used things are often worth far more than one
pays for them. Is the stove itself worth repairing?

Of course if you can do it without a service call, that's a good idea
even if the stove cost 1000 dollars.

A 99 cent Bic lighter works
just fine, as well as a sparker for a propane torch.

But here's the weird part. I swear this stove is on drugs or
something. First off, the controls are backwards. Every stove I have
ever used turns starts with a small flame and the further I turn to
the left, the bigger the flame gets. Well, this stove starts out with
a huge flame and the further I torn to the left the smaller it gets.

I've seen that. But if it bothers you, face backwards. It will seem
the other way.

OK, thats weird enough, but this is the ultimate in weirdness.
When I turn on a burner, I DO NOT hear that click click click. I use
my lighter and light the stove. As soon as there is flame on the
burner, it starts going click click click........ WTF ??????????

I think it's learning to talk.

Can anyone make any sense of this goofy stove?
Hopefully there is an appliance repair person online.....

He's right. I think Sears is good about having manuals online, but if
not, go to Sears and read the owners manual from one of their current
stoves. It might have a lot of similarities. (although sometimes
Sears gets products made by more than one maker. There should be
similarities if yours and the one at the store are made by the same
maker.) (Chrysler for example had 3 different companies making the
factory radios.)

Mark

Posted to alt.home.repair

if it is a simple push button igniter then there is no control box, and
you can replace the igniter parts with a kit from home depot for a
grill. if it is a battery operated one, thats more difficult to replace
and does have a control box xomewhere.

Empressess #124457

The best Games

The knobs on most gas cooking stoves I've used start with "lite" and then
progress from high flame (setting of 6 for instance) down to the lowest
(i.e. 1). In other words, you have to dial through the highest settings to
get to the lowest. The gas stove we own now operates this way.

You might want to see if you can find the product manual on-line from Sears.
You didn't indicate what the model # is.

May be a reason why the stove was being sold at a garage sale for $30.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
if it is a simple push button igniter then there is no control box, and
you can replace the igniter parts with a kit from home depot for a
grill. if it is a battery operated one, thats more difficult to replace
and does have a control box xomewhere.

I've yet to see a cook stove with push button or battery. They run off of
the 120 v circuit.

They often go band and do some odd things. Stoves have usually one circuit
for the two burners on one side or a single that will take care of all four.

Check www.repairclinic.com for some troubleshooting information.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in news:7p07h2lpq8js71hmsjj8kmg4208t2flgcq@
4ax.com:

[...]

That means Lady Kenmore is a crack whore.

Kenmore dryer thermal cut-off popped again mikegi Home Repair 4 February 9th 06 07:32 PM
Kenmore Appliances cover Home Repair 18 December 27th 05 02:59 AM
Installing Kenmore Ultrafilter 550 Reverse Osmosis system DJ Home Repair 1 February 21st 05 08:21 PM
Sick brit Andrew Griffin Woodworking 78 October 30th 04 03:47 AM
2003 Consumer Reports Best Buys for your home T.T. Home Ownership 13 March 24th 04 08:30 PM