Posted to alt.home.repair

Default oil stains

I have a stone paver driveway that is not sealed as it is fairly new. A
guest's car had an oil leak on the driveway. I have tried the oil remover
that is safe to the environment and not supposed to harm the grass but it
doesn't work that well and I still have a darker discoloration on the stone.
Can anyone advise me about a procedure or product that has worked for them?
Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

tolbiny wrote:
I have a stone paver driveway that is not sealed as it is fairly new.
A guest's car had an oil leak on the driveway. I have tried the oil
remover that is safe to the environment and not supposed to harm the
grass but it doesn't work that well and I still have a darker
discoloration on the stone. Can anyone advise me about a procedure or
product that has worked for them? Thanks.

Chances are you will not be able to get it all out. However I suggest a
bag of kitty litter and a can of naphtha. Pour on some naphtha and then the
kitty litter to absorb it. It can help to cover it with plastic to give it
more time to work. Repeat.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

I dont know about the others but i have used "fast orange" hand
cleaner in the past and also GOJO with excellent results...I even use
it on my clothing for oil or grease as a pre treatment to wash it works
better than any high priced "leading brand"
tolbiny wrote:
I have a stone paver driveway that is not sealed as it is fairly new. A
guest's car had an oil leak on the driveway. I have tried the oil remover
that is safe to the environment and not supposed to harm the grass but it
doesn't work that well and I still have a darker discoloration on the stone.
Can anyone advise me about a procedure or product that has worked for them?
Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Kev Kev is offline

tolbiny wrote:
I have a stone paver driveway that is not sealed as it is fairly new. A
guest's car had an oil leak on the driveway. I have tried the oil remover
that is safe to the environment and not supposed to harm the grass but it
doesn't work that well and I still have a darker discoloration on the stone.
Can anyone advise me about a procedure or product that has worked for them?
Thanks.

Best product out ther is called pour and restore.
pour it on let it sit till it dries up then sweep it up. Used it to
remove old stains from garage that were there for years.You can find it
on line or in The handyman Mag