Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dustless Drywall Sanders

I am looking for a dustless drywall sander, but have been unable to
find reviews of the various products. Does anyone have experience with
the Porter Cable 78OO Series?

Thanks

Nicholas Falkoff

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Nick" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am looking for a dustless drywall sander, but have been unable to
find reviews of the various products. Does anyone have experience with
the Porter Cable 78OO Series?

Thanks

Nicholas Falkoff

Had one of the dustless things that went into a bucket of water to catch the
dust.....My opinion get a good box fan put it in the window and sand away
the dust less system was such a hassle it wasn't worth the water I put in
the container.

YMMV, Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nick wrote:
I am looking for a dustless drywall sander, but have been unable to
find reviews of the various products. Does anyone have experience with
the Porter Cable 78OO Series?

Thanks

Nicholas Falkoff

"dustless" and "sander" don't sound compatible to me. Two words:
sponge
method

Sincerely,
your local anti-drywall-sanding crusader,
-Kevin

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nick, I renevote several houses a year and after trying the dustless units
PC and the units sold at Home Depot this is what I've determined.

1) The CP unit leaves more marks than I care for and is heavy and hard to
use in tight places. I won't use one again.

2) The unit from HomeDepot that goes on the end of the pole and attaches to
a vaccum is O.K., it's lighter to use and I'd use it only if dust in the
work area was a real issue. Or if doing just part of a finished house. This
also leaves marks and won't do corners very well. You need to make tight
small circles to make it work. It's more work than it's worth.

3) I have reverted back to a good comfortable dust mask and pole sander with
sand paper. Some of the pro's I talk to have done the same thing. This
leaves a much better finish.

oups.com...