Snowblower drive problem

Old September 4th 06, 07:48 PM posted to alt.home.repair
ALG

Default Snowblower drive problem

My father-in-law has a two stage Yardman snowblower and the problem
with it is the wheels will not move, at all. I have taken off the cover
and had a look and there is no obstruction in the way and the drive
selector moves freely through all the gears but the wheels will not
turn. The gears all seem to be free when wiggled slightly but for the
life of me I can not get the wheels to turn. It doesn't matter if the
engine is running either they will not turn.

Thanks.

Old September 5th 06, 03:20 AM posted to alt.home.repair
ALG

I have had a good look and don't see any gears with a crack. I guess I
will have to take the gears right off and check.

wrote:
that happened to my best friend turned out one gear was cracked jamming
the drive.........