Universal Flooring - VersaStrip (Versa Strip)

Old September 4th 06, 04:36 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Universal Flooring - VersaStrip (Versa Strip)

Question:
Has anyone ran into any problems with this type of flooring?

I installed it in my kitchen as per the installations guides and now
the flooring cracks like crazy the first time I walk on it in the
morning. The flooring continues to crack for the rest of the day but
the noise reduces after we have walked on it a few times.

I talked to Universal Flooring about this and they said that I
installed the product wrong.
They are claiming that nothing should be touching the flooring.

I left @ 1/2 of space between the flooring and the walls etc but the
wall trim and toe kickers on the cabinets are "touching" the flooring.

Anyone have any comments on this? Is it normal to keep the trim and
kickers a little off the top of a floating floor? If not, is it likely
to cause this type of a problem.

Note:
The way I see it the seams are the source of the cracking noise.
Either that or there is some dirt, etc under the underlay.

Feel free to email me at:

Old September 4th 06, 05:11 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Question:
Has anyone ran into any problems with this type of flooring?

I installed it in my kitchen as per the installations guides and now
the flooring cracks like crazy the first time I walk on it in the
morning. The flooring continues to crack for the rest of the day but
the noise reduces after we have walked on it a few times.

I talked to Universal Flooring about this and they said that I
installed the product wrong.
They are claiming that nothing should be touching the flooring.

What do the installation instructions specify as far as the nothing
touching it part?

I left @ 1/2 of space between the flooring and the walls etc but the
wall trim and toe kickers on the cabinets are "touching" the flooring.

Anyone have any comments on this? Is it normal to keep the trim and
kickers a little off the top of a floating floor? If not, is it likely
to cause this type of a problem.

Those things wouldn't make a cracking sound as you walked unless you
were walking right along the perimeter of the floor where those things
were resting on it. Even still, it's unlikely that the baseboards
would make a cracking sound as the floor moved.

Note:
The way I see it the seams are the source of the cracking noise.
Either that or there is some dirt, etc under the underlay.

From your description of it, it would appear that the sound is coming

from the seams. Have someone get down on the floor and listen for the
location of the cracking sounds as you walk around on the floor.

Old February 20th 08, 12:51 AM posted to alt.home.repair
ken

ken had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ip-143155-.htm
:

-------------------------------------
RicodJour wrote:

wrote:
[...]

From your description of it, it would appear that the sound is
coming

from the seams. Have someone get down on the floor and listen for the
location of the cracking sounds as you walk around on the floor.

The real problem is with the Versa Strip flooring, not the installation.
This product does makes cracking and crunching noises due to some
structural flaw. Universal flooring will blame it on the install, so the
guarantee is useless. I have used it on a variety of surfaces with the
same results as you. Enjoy your crunching.

Delivered via
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/
Old September 16th 09, 06:03 AM posted to alt.home.repair

In article .com,
(achertor) wrote:

Short of ripping this flooring up, is there anything we can do about it?

Short of lopping off your head with a dull hatchet, is there anything we
can do to keep your suck-o company spam off our newsgroup?