Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cleaning stainless steel?

What's a good product for cleaning stainless steel wheels on my SUV....parts
of each wheel has a granulated type surface that collects more dirt than the
smooth sections.....thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 19:12:48 GMT, "donh"
wrote:

What's a good product for cleaning stainless steel wheels on my SUV....parts
of each wheel has a granulated type surface that collects more dirt than the
smooth sections.....thanks.

ArmourAll makes a spray-on wheel cleaner. I use it on my truck wheels
and it takes off the stubborn brake-dust grime with ease.
Posted to alt.home.repair

if you have a Dollar General store near you, they should carry a
cleaning product called "Mean Green". You can buy a spray bottle as
well as gallon jug refills. I love the stuff- use it on a variety of
things. It's a good engine degreaser, took pine sap off the roof of
our camper, and also works great to clean both of my vehicles aluminum
rims. The list goes on. Probably cheaper than armor-all too- i think
the gallon jug refills are $5.00

Posted to alt.home.repair

found a web site for Mean Green after posting my first reply...

http://www.meangreen.com/pages/industrial.htm

Automotive Chrome Wire Wheels: Use full strength or 1-1. Spray Mean
Green generously onto each wheel and allow to penetrate. Very effective
on brake dust. Rinse well with strong stream of water.