DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   vinyl self stick tiles (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/174368-vinyl-self-stick-tiles.html)

[email protected] August 31st 06 01:46 AM

vinyl self stick tiles

Do we need to put seam sealer on all the seams on the self stick vinyl
tile floor? Some seams do not exactly butt against the other although
they are very close and under is the plywood. I cannot find an answer
on all the directions for the tiles. Thanks in advance for any
answers. Ronalee

Noozer August 31st 06 02:47 AM

vinyl self stick tiles

wrote in message
ups.com...
Do we need to put seam sealer on all the seams on the self stick vinyl
tile floor? Some seams do not exactly butt against the other although
they are very close and under is the plywood. I cannot find an answer
on all the directions for the tiles.

No, but you do need to get the tiles to butt up properly.

Bob August 31st 06 05:29 AM

vinyl self stick tiles

Noozer wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Do we need to put seam sealer on all the seams on the self stick vinyl
tile floor? Some seams do not exactly butt against the other although
they are very close and under is the plywood. I cannot find an answer
on all the directions for the tiles.

No, but you do need to get the tiles to butt up properly.

Directions for laying my vct tile over a wood subfloor stated to leave
a small gap for wood expansion/contraction. I left approx 1/32" gap.
Applying a sealer & wax mostly filled the gap.

Bob

Ether Jones September 3rd 06 09:27 PM

vinyl self stick tiles

Bob wrote:
Noozer wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Do we need to put seam sealer on all the seams on the self stick vinyl
tile floor? Some seams do not exactly butt against the other although
they are very close and under is the plywood. I cannot find an answer
on all the directions for the tiles.

No, but you do need to get the tiles to butt up properly.

Directions for laying my vct tile over a wood subfloor stated to leave
a small gap for wood expansion/contraction. I left approx 1/32" gap.
Applying a sealer & wax mostly filled the gap.

May I ask, what product did you use for the sealer??

I am considering covering the drywall above my shower stall with
self-stick vinyl tiles, but have been wondering what to do about the
seams to keep water out.