Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How Difficult is Taping/Mudding Drywall?

Cindy wrote:
Hello,

We're about to remove some paneling that has sheetrock underneath. Our guess is
there was never any taping done to it or it will need major repair from the
paneling coming off. I've never attempted this before and although everything
looks fairly straightforward on TV, is this something a DYI'er could accomplish
fairly easily?

Thanks,

Cindy

the charity you choose - 100% of your first month, 10% thereafter.

newsguy.com/charity.asp

It is not rocket science but it is an 'art'. No amount of advice in a
newsgroup or reading a book will teach you as much as watching a
professional do it for 5 minutes. I learned that the hard way by trying
to tape from a book, finally hired a pro and saw my mistakes right
off. Can now do an acceptable job (except on ceilings). Books are good
for the 'what' part, only seeing it done and practice gets the 'how'.

Harry K