Incinolet toilet

Old August 23rd 06, 11:08 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Incinolet toilet

I'm thinking about one of these for a second bathroom in a "plumbing
challenged" area.

http://www.incinolet.com/

Anyone have any experience with them? Or other suggestions to add a
toilet without adding plumbing? (Aside from chamber pot, LOL!)

Thanks in advance,
Jo Ann

Old August 23rd 06, 11:46 PM posted to alt.home.repair

I've never hear of his item, until I went to the ink you provided.
All I can say is make sure your county(state?) code allows for this.
I did a quick web search, and there are various mentions
of these with state permits, etc
And also, your home owners insurance covers if any thing goes wrong.
The model I looked at on their web page only says it has a 1 year
warranty.

Its really expensive, not including permits , etc.
Why would you switch to this ?
(curious)

Old August 24th 06, 12:21 AM posted to alt.home.repair

costly, adds little to homes value, may even decrease value at resale
time, still need water and sewer for a hand sink, what of shower.

short warranty too........

Old August 24th 06, 04:35 AM posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

wrote:
I'm thinking about one of these for a second bathroom in a "plumbing
challenged" area.

http://www.incinolet.com/

Anyone have any experience with them? Or other suggestions to add a
toilet without adding plumbing? (Aside from chamber pot, LOL!)

Thanks in advance,
Jo Ann

Some of our remote facilities used to have them. No one would use them
more than once because they stunk so bad when in the cleaning mode.
(Imagine the smell of fried poop!)

Bob

Old August 24th 06, 02:30 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
http://www.incinolet.com/

Anyone have any experience with them? Or other suggestions to add a
toilet without adding plumbing? (Aside from chamber pot, LOL!)

A friend had a similar gas fired one in a vacation trailer on his land. It
worked. It has been some years, but I don't recall any odor from it, at
least inside. Considering the cost, I'd certainly look for a way of
plumbing a standard type of toilet, or one with an effluent pump if need be.

Old August 24th 06, 05:19 PM posted to alt.home.repair

I would never switch to this, but have a situation where a second
toilet is needed (not a whole bathroom) and plumbing will be difficult
and very expensive.

Jo Ann

Old August 24th 06, 06:56 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I'm thinking about one of these for a second bathroom in a "plumbing
challenged" area.
http://www.incinolet.com/
Anyone have any experience with them? Or other suggestions to add a
toilet without adding plumbing? (Aside from chamber pot, LOL!)

When we were growing up we had a gas-fired toilet (instead of electric)
at our camp. It was pretty much junk. It takes a lot of energy to
boil away liquids, a real lot. And when burning 'solids' the smell was
pretty bad - and the neighbors obviously didn't care for that. Then
you have to clean the ash out of it and wash the bowl (gross). Lastly,
with the gas-fired model anyway, the high heat combined with caustic
substances corroded the firebox and created recurring maintenance
problems.

I would rather have a chamber pot or even a composting toilet based on
a five gallon bucket (do a web search) than an incinerator toilet.
Best of all is a regular flush toilet, even if you have to retrofit the
house to get it installed...

That's my 2 cents...

Old August 24th 06, 08:21 PM posted to alt.home.repair

I had one of these up in Maine while
I was waiting for my septic to be installed.
They are a pain. They work pretty well
with solid waste but liquid takes forever
to evaporate. They use a lot of juice as
well.
It's my understanding that the gas-fired ones
do work well.
Frank

Old August 24th 06, 09:38 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Anyone have any experience with them? Or other suggestions to add a
toilet without adding plumbing? (Aside from chamber pot, LOL!)

Thanks in advance,
Jo Ann

here's a couple of alternative ideas. Not your granny's pottty.

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/p...ti/prodID=1667

http://bumperdumper.com/bumper2.htm

lee

Old August 24th 06, 10:00 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Or other suggestions to add a toilet without adding plumbing?

Look up composting toilets.

Mike

Toilet drain runs 15 feet... Bob Home Repair 21 March 1st 06 06:06 PM
Slow flushing toilet: Vent stack? TeGGeR® Home Repair 12 March 1st 06 02:00 AM
toilet back up nogggin Home Repair 12 February 11th 06 11:17 PM
wax free toilet seal - experiences? AAB Home Repair 18 March 3rd 04 01:05 AM
Run on toilet paper predicted Stormin Mormon Home Repair 12 October 30th 03 07:48 PM