Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lead testers

Hi,

Do there exist home lead testers? The primary function for me would be
to test the water heated up by "samovars" a traditional russian tea
kettle.

Thanks

Aaron Fude

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

Do there exist home lead testers? The primary function for me would be
to test the water heated up by "samovars" a traditional russian tea
kettle.

Paint stores carry them, but I don't know if they work on liquids.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Do there exist home lead testers? The primary function for me would be
to test the water heated up by "samovars" a traditional russian tea
kettle.

Use a slightly acidified distilled water sample steeped for a long time in
the samovar. Boil it dry in a glass vessel to get the dry solids residue.
If no residue, no lead, If you get residue, test this residue with an
lead-check ampoule swab from the paint store. You can also apply the swab
to the metal itself.

The absurd EPA action level for drinking water is 15 ppb. No way you can
measure that at home.

You can also get your doctor to add a lead test Rx to your blood test next
time you have one, without getting stuck again.

You can take a lot of lead if you're an adult.

We always fear the stuff we can't see.

Think critically and don't be paranoid.

harvesting rainwater from a lead roof [email protected] UK diy 27 May 25th 06 03:59 PM
Lead fittings Davao UK diy 16 April 28th 06 12:46 AM
Lead part - cast or turn? tillius Metalworking 53 November 10th 05 09:22 AM
Is it safe for kids to take apart electronics? momwithtools Electronics Repair 64 March 1st 05 08:15 AM
Lead-Loc and Gas pipes tom w UK diy 29 June 16th 04 11:10 PM