Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet Drain Test

I've got a toilet to a septic tank that works generally okay, but
lately when I flush an all-liquid load it swirls round and round and
goes down, but doesn't rush down enough to go glug-glug, even if I hold
the lever and keep the water going. Given a solid waste to dispose of,
it will usually build up enough water on top of the load to rush out
and glug-glug just fine. Do I have a problem?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bert Byfield" wrote in message
. 166...
I've got a toilet to a septic tank that works generally okay, but
lately when I flush an all-liquid load it swirls round and round and
goes down, but doesn't rush down enough to go glug-glug, even if I hold
the lever and keep the water going. Given a solid waste to dispose of,
it will usually build up enough water on top of the load to rush out
and glug-glug just fine. Do I have a problem?

You may have a clog, a partially broken pipe where it enters the septic
tank. How long has it been since you had it pumped? I would have it pumped,
then with the lid off, have someone flush the toilet and see how well the
water flows into the tank. I had a problem where the clay tile going to the
tank had sheared off right at the tank and there was only a hole about the
size of a golf ball left. It had sunk. Replaced the pipe and now all is
fine.

Larry

Posted to alt.home.repair

Easy test.

Does it flush well with a bucket of water but not good using flush
handle?

Likely the water passages inside the rim are clogged./ Make certain the
dip tube line is properly placed in its holder.

Check inside bowl under rim, are the holes clogged?

Wierd Shower drain problem JJ Home Repair 6 October 11th 04 03:31 PM
test for Jimbo dale Metalworking 3 November 13th 03 05:52 PM
Possible Condensation Solution? - Test Data Tom Watson Woodworking 4 November 7th 03 08:51 PM
driveway storm drain getting clogged with dirt Rachel Smith Home Repair 1 August 26th 03 09:14 AM