Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need to cover fireplace opening

We just purchased a free-standing pellet stove, which is now placed on
the back side of the brick wall of our fireplace. The new stove's pipe
is installed in the chimney, and we can no longer use our fireplace. We
have been left with a large opening to the defunct fireplace, and it
needs to be closed off. We don't want to brick it up, as we will need
to get into the opening from time to time to clean out the pellet stove
pipe. Does anyone know of a website where we can find a metal plate to
cover the opening? I've checked a number of fireplace sites, but
there's nothing like what I need. Any advice would be appreciated.

Diane M
Posted to alt.home.repair

Are you looking to improve the look of the empty unused fireplace, or
are you looking to seal the fireplace off from the room to stop cold
chimney draft?
If you are looking just to improve the look of the chimney maybe just
dress it up with a candelabra in the fireplace or speak with a
decorator for ideas. If you are looking to seal the chimney and the
corn burner pipe is hooked in above the damper why you could use
something like a chimney balloon to seal the chimney off down low by
the damper.

Fireplace insert. Advice? Terry Home Repair 6 April 6th 06 08:40 AM
Fireplace just installed - not performing cthorne Home Repair 11 March 31st 06 05:46 AM
Reducing size of fireplace builders opening [email protected] UK diy 6 February 2nd 06 03:01 PM
arched fireplace opening Metalworking 2 January 20th 06 01:24 AM
Remote control gas grate for installation in an existing fireplace? Pete UK diy 3 December 19th 05 01:30 AM