Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bathroom faucet

Have have a leaky faucet. I don't know what brand. It came with the
house. It is the ball single handle. I have been able to remove
everything down to the white whatumacallit with the piece sticking up
on the back side and the flat on the left side. I can't seem to get
this off. HEEELLLLLPPPP. How does it come off?
I'm almost positive that I need to replace the inner core piece that
lies under this white thing..

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

I'm not a plumber, but the first question everyone is going to ask is
"have you bought (or can you get) a rebuilt kit that includes a new '
white thing' and the piece under it"?

Candace wrote:
Have have a leaky faucet. I don't know what brand. It came with the
house. It is the ball single handle. I have been able to remove
everything down to the white whatumacallit with the piece sticking up
on the back side and the flat on the left side. I can't seem to get
this off. HEEELLLLLPPPP. How does it come off?
I'm almost positive that I need to replace the inner core piece that
lies under this white thing..

Posted to alt.home.repair

Candace wrote:
Have have a leaky faucet. I don't know what brand. It came with the
house. It is the ball single handle. I have been able to remove
everything down to the white whatumacallit with the piece sticking up
on the back side and the flat on the left side. I can't seem to get
this off. HEEELLLLLPPPP. How does it come off?
I'm almost positive that I need to replace the inner core piece that
lies under this white thing

C'mon now, you cant' expect much of a reply to a question with so few
facts. If you post a pic you will get more replies.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Lawrence wrote:
Candace wrote:
Have have a leaky faucet. I don't know what brand. It came with the
house. It is the ball single handle. I have been able to remove
everything down to the white whatumacallit with the piece sticking up
on the back side and the flat on the left side. I can't seem to get
this off. HEEELLLLLPPPP. How does it come off?
I'm almost positive that I need to replace the inner core piece that
lies under this white thing

C'mon now, you cant' expect much of a reply to a question with so few
facts. If you post a pic you will get more replies.

Also, if it's a cheap faucet, and/or old, you're better off replacing
the whole faucet instead of trying to salvage it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Candace wrote:
Have have a leaky faucet. I don't know what brand. It came with the
house. It is the ball single handle. I have been able to remove
everything down to the white whatumacallit with the piece sticking up
on the back side and the flat on the left side. I can't seem to get
this off. HEEELLLLLPPPP. How does it come off?
I'm almost positive that I need to replace the inner core piece that
lies under this white thing..

Take the parts and if possible a photo of what is left to a good
hardware store or a plumbing outlet. They may have a repair kit available
with instructions or they may be able to sell you a new faucet to replace
the cheap one you may have. Most new homes come with really really cheap
faucets and are not worth repairing IMO.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 18 Aug 2006 21:57:22 -0700, "Candace"
wrote:

Have have a leaky faucet. I don't know what brand. It came with the
house. It is the ball single handle. I have been able to remove
everything down to the white whatumacallit with the piece sticking up
on the back side and the flat on the left side. I can't seem to get
this off. HEEELLLLLPPPP. How does it come off?
I'm almost positive that I need to replace the inner core piece that
lies under this white thing..

Screw the handle back on the shaft you unscrewed it from and that will
give you a handle to put things out with.

Although that's not what I have done. I just pry with a little screew
driver, first on one side, then on another, until it lifts out. But I
can imagine that one might be very hard to get out.

Actually you might not have had to take all this apart. If you can
unscrew the big half-sphere without taking off the handle, you can
pull the ball and everything on top of it out in one motion. Then you
can replace the seats. It's much less common that one has to replace
the ball.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Thank you all. I think I'm just going to remove the entire thing and
get a new one. Thanks all!
Candace