Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is Stucco

Hello,

What is the difference between stucco and plaster?

I once had a house stuccoed. It was part brick and part frame.

I now want to do it again, and the house is all frame, but cannot
see much info. on it. On the frame part of the first house, he put
chicken wire (sort of) on it first, then did the stucco. I forget
whether
he put chicken wire on the brick also. This was done in the late
50's and the old farm house is still looking the same (no wear and tear
on the stucco). This was done in Bedminster, Pa, on Elephant Rd, it
has a slate roof, and sits close to the road, if you want to see it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Harry wrote:
Hello,

What is the difference between stucco and plaster?

I once had a house stuccoed. It was part brick and part frame.

I now want to do it again, and the house is all frame, but cannot
see much info. on it. On the frame part of the first house, he put
chicken wire (sort of) on it first, then did the stucco. I forget
whether
he put chicken wire on the brick also. This was done in the late
50's and the old farm house is still looking the same (no wear and tear
on the stucco). This was done in Bedminster, Pa, on Elephant Rd, it
has a slate roof, and sits close to the road, if you want to see it.

look at portland cement association web site.
TB

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stucco is a exterior aplication. which contains cement and sand
Plaster is usually an interior application . which contains lime and
sand.

Being in the PA area (I grew up near Pittsburgh) I would look into a
product called DRIVIT it is a modern version of Stucco that is used
widely where you are because of its flexability properties. It is
rather exspensive out here (CA) but I think it is just because it
really is not used at the same rate as on the East Coast.