Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tile separates from tub

We have a large soaking tub in our master bath which sits right
into the corner. There is a single row of tile that goes up the wall
on each side and along the top of the tub. I have noticed that when
the tub is empty, the tile is flush against the tub. However, when the
tub has water in it, the tile on one wall (nearest the faucet) starts
to separate from the tub.
It doesn't look like the tiles are level, even at a glance without
using my laser level to check. But why would only one side of the
tiles separate and what do I need to do for this? Do I just need to
take off that tile and reapply it? Or is there a bigger issue here?

Posted to alt.home.repair

even at a glance without
using my laser level to check.

God I hate those home improvement programs..Peolpe........ please just
because they use it on TV doesnt make it a real tool.........

Now to the issue at hand. Yes ,yes, yes, there is a much bigger issue
here your floor is moving......or you tub is flexing because it was not
seated properly, is it fiberglass? If its not fiberglass chances are
your floor is moving from the filled weight of the tub....the tiles are
not moving......call back you plumber...

shederr wrote:
We have a large soaking tub in our master bath which sits right
into the corner. There is a single row of tile that goes up the wall
on each side and along the top of the tub. I have noticed that when
the tub is empty, the tile is flush against the tub. However, when the
tub has water in it, the tile on one wall (nearest the faucet) starts
to separate from the tub.
It doesn't look like the tiles are level, even at a glance without
using my laser level to check. But why would only one side of the
tiles separate and what do I need to do for this? Do I just need to
take off that tile and reapply it? Or is there a bigger issue here?

Posted to alt.home.repair

There are some that suggest filling the tub with water
before tiling from it.

shederr wrote:
We have a large soaking tub in our master bath which sits right
into the corner. There is a single row of tile that goes up the wall
on each side and along the top of the tub. I have noticed that when
the tub is empty, the tile is flush against the tub. However, when the
tub has water in it, the tile on one wall (nearest the faucet) starts
to separate from the tub.
It doesn't look like the tiles are level, even at a glance without
using my laser level to check. But why would only one side of the
tiles separate and what do I need to do for this? Do I just need to
take off that tile and reapply it? Or is there a bigger issue here?

Tile installation estimate in line with market? ate1 Home Repair 3 October 28th 04 11:13 PM
**** Tile questions ceramic .vs. porcelain **** TheCouchCruncher Home Repair 6 October 9th 04 03:27 AM
Florida Tile LD Home Repair 16 March 2nd 04 11:52 PM
Florida Tile LD Home Ownership 17 March 2nd 04 11:52 PM