Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Freezer runs but doesn't cool

I have a manual defrost upright freezer (Kenmore 564 29701991) that
doesn't cool. Probably my fault but I want to get an idea about whether
to try to repair or replace.
I hadn't defrosted it in quite a while and I know there was a good
frost buildup (and now a good lesson to me). Apparently it stopped
cooling. I noticed some water near it but it had been raining and I
thought I just had a little seepage. Well, the water got thick and you
can guess the rest.
Something is running. The coils feel a little cool but may be wishful
thinking on my part.
Is there anything I can look at and try to guess whether it is worth
repairing?
It is less than 6 years old. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

It defrosted itself...big skinky mess.

fridge freezer probs Missie_M UK diy 6 July 20th 06 09:45 PM
freezer cold, fridge warming up [email protected] Home Repair 4 July 18th 06 11:08 PM
fanpower needed to cool house overnight Bill Gill Home Repair 1 June 6th 06 06:37 PM
Hotpoint freezer fault? Terry Pinnell Electronics Repair 46 October 7th 03 01:22 AM
Refrigerator freezer knob stuck, wont turn jim Home Repair 3 July 22nd 03 04:41 PM